ZTE Axon 7 packs high-end specs, all-metal design for $450

Jos

Staff

The Chinese smartphone market is getting increasingly competitive with aggressively priced devices featuring high end specs and looks. Today ZTE announced the Axon 7, the successor to last year's Axon flagship, and keeping with the trend it packs and impressive array of hardware in a nice package and pairs it with a wallet friendly price.

In terms of design, ZTE has gone with a unibody metal chassis with slightly curved edges and a slimmer profile than last year’s model. The overall look is reminiscent of HTC’s One series, down to the rear antenna bands and stereo front-facing speakers. There's also a fingerprint sensor on the phone's back and a USB Type-C port for data transfer and charging.

The Axon 7 is equipped with an 8-megapixel front-facing shooter and a 20-megapixel camera in the rear that can record 4K video. The latter also features optical image stabilization and a F/1.8 lens for solid low-light performance.

There’s a 3,250mAh battery inside with Qualcomm's QuickCharge 3.0 support for 50% charge in 30 minutes of charging or a full charge in 100 minutes.

The device is launching with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box with a promised update to Android N when it’s made available later this year. Android Authority had some hands on time with the Axon 7 and says it mostly keeps a stock-like user interface with Google’s Material Design elements intact.

The Axon 7 is launching today in China and ZTE says the new phone will arrive in the US in the coming weeks priced around $450.

Permalink to story.

High end specs ? hmm, where are the specs ? no ram, no cpu, no screen, no sd card info, no hdd info and so on. so yeah, what is high end on no info ? techspot, baad boy!

High end specs ? hmm, where are the specs ? no ram, no cpu, no screen, no sd card info, no hdd info and so on. so yeah, what is high end on no info ? techspot, baad boy!
- 5.5-inch AMOLED panel with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution + Gorilla Glass 4
- 64GB model with 4GB of RAM or 128GB version with 6GB (both have microSD slot)
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 processor at 2.15 GHz + Adreno 530 GPU
- non-removable 3,250mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- 20MP camera with optical stabilization, f/1.8 lens, and 4K video, dual-LED (dual tone) flash + 8MP front camera
- USB Type-C port
- dual-speaker setup with both drivers on the front of the phone and Dolby surround sound
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (with a promise to upgrade to Android N later this year)
- metal chassis
- fingerprint sensor
- dual SIM
- dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 3.5mm jack with 32-bit/192kHz audio + Dolby Atmos
- NFC
- 185g, 8.7mm thickness

Last edited:
This might be my next phone. Just need to see what the OS runs like.

This might be my next phone. Just need to see what the OS runs like.
Yeah, reviews should be coming soon, I'm also interested in Xiaomi's Mi5. My brother ordered one, but it will be a few weeks before I can play with it too.

I had my eyes set on a Moto X Pure just because I like the software that listens to you all the time and reads aloud your text messages whenever you're driving (it automatically knows) but sheez this phone has everything you could possibly want in a phone for a great price. As long as the OS isn't too ridiculous and it works with all the Frequencies your carrier supports then we're ready to play ball.

Back