The Bat! is one of the most powerful and versatile email clients available for Windows, and it successfully combines a good security record with ease of use. The Bat! mail client has a lot of vital benefits and useful features that make your email experience simple and convenient. The Bat! allows you to work with unlimited number of the mailboxes, has powerful sorting filters, fully customizable message templates, Mail Dispatcher and many more other features. Unlike other email applications, The Bat! does not start scripts automatically. The Bat! benefits of its own HTML viewing mechanism – Robin HTML Viewer, as well as of its own image viewing module. These mechanisms protect you from viruses aimed at operating system mechanisms vulnerability. The pro version is an email client that offers secure authentication on POP3/SMTP servers using hardware tokens and transparent, on-the-fly encryption of the email message base, address books and configuration files. This makes the sensitive data stored on your mobile and desktop computers really secure.
The internal PGP implementation, based on the award-winning OpenSSL lets you encrypt messages and sign them with digital signatures. Handy manager for digital keys included. Free plug-ins for PGP v5.5, v6.0.2, 6.5, v7.x & v8.x GnuPG is also supported. The Bat! also supports S/MIME via Internal Implementation or Microsoft CryptoAPI. The Bat! is the first e-mail client to support S/MIME compressed data. The Bat! support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) v3.1 / Transport Layer Security (TLS) v1.0 with AES algorithm.
- TLS AEAD AES-GCM cipher suites: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, LS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
- Added icons for the commands (menu items, toolbar buttons) that did not have icons
- Added SHA-384 cipher suites for TLS: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 & TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384
- "/CRC32_CCITT_BENCHMARK" and "/CRC32_CASTAGNOLI_BENCHMARK" command-line parameters to calculate performance of CRC32 implementation used by The Bat!
- Enabled the following ciphers suite for TLS: TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite (it was disabled because it had largest AES key size, but DHE which is slower than ECDHE)
- ECDHE TLS ciphers didn't work on TLS version 1.0 (but did work on TLS version 1.1 and later)
- Added Shortcuts Customization (it was missing since version 9.0)
- MailTicker font style was incorrectly saved
- Added correct categories in menu customization
- Fixed Favorites Menu (there was an issue since version 9.0)
- A memory leak is fixed (the TGoogleAuthTask object was not released)
- Fixed AV in customizing menus (64bit-only)
- (#0000329) Link to folder missing from the "Information" tab
- (#0001736) Message Dispatcher is not terminated
- (#0001811) The Sorting Office option "Do not preserve header of the original messages" is always applied regardless of the settings
- (#0001873) Can't change font styles of selected text
- (#0001874) Editor: Menu-Item "Format" contains an unnecessary item divider (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001896) "Esc" does not close the "Address Book", "View Message Source", "Print Preview" and "Enter Registration Key" windows
- (#0001917) "Cannot remove shell notification icon" error popup during shutdown
- (#0001923) After language change, a button was missing (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001930) Clicking an URL in HTML message opens two browsers
- (#0001936) Access Violation on "OK" in the Print Setup Dialog
- (#0001937) The items in the main menu "Workspace -> Show Connection Centre" are not mutually exclusive (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001941) Access Violation errors in print setup dialog and cancelling password dialog
- (#0001953) Message tags are not displayed in the column "Tags"
- (#0001957) Alternative Deletion shortcut (Shift+Delete key combination) did not work in v9.1