The Bat! is one of the most powerful and versatile email clients available for Windows, and it successfully combines a good security record with ease of use. The Bat! mail client has a lot of vital benefits and useful features that make your email experience simple and convenient. The Bat! allows you to work with unlimited number of the mailboxes, has powerful sorting filters, fully customizable message templates, Mail Dispatcher and many more other features. Unlike other email applications, The Bat! does not start scripts automatically. The Bat! benefits of its own HTML viewing mechanism – Robin HTML Viewer, as well as of its own image viewing module. These mechanisms protect you from viruses aimed at operating system mechanisms vulnerability. The pro version is an email client that offers secure authentication on POP3/SMTP servers using hardware tokens and transparent, on-the-fly encryption of the email message base, address books and configuration files. This makes the sensitive data stored on your mobile and desktop computers really secure.
The internal PGP implementation, based on the award-winning OpenSSL lets you encrypt messages and sign them with digital signatures. Handy manager for digital keys included. Free plug-ins for PGP v5.5, v6.0.2, 6.5, v7.x & v8.x GnuPG is also supported. The Bat! also supports S/MIME via Internal Implementation or Microsoft CryptoAPI. The Bat! is the first e-mail client to support S/MIME compressed data. The Bat! support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) v3.1 / Transport Layer Security (TLS) v1.0 with AES algorithm.
- New %Account* macros
- (#0002099) New macro %CLIPBOARD="..." to change clipboard contents (works like the %SetCLIPBOARD="..." macro)
- Exception logging is restored, the maximum size of the log file is set to 500 KB
- MAPI protocol is removed from the New Account dialog
- (#002107) The Delete key was not functional for message undelete when browsing deleted messages
- The issue that caused possible crash when messages were containing empty/missing attachments is resolved
- The "OK" button was not functional in the "No plug-ins with learning facilities installed" warning
- Opening some malformed links from HTML viewer could cause Access Violation errors
- Print messages was using light colors under a dark theme
- Mail Ticker did not update when an account was deleted
- (#002103) The problem that caused an empty favorites list of the “New message” command is resolved
- Creating of a scheduled event in the Sorting Office caused an Access Violation error
- "View messaging history" command from the Address Book did not focus on the address in the address history pane