Save audio from hardware devices like microphones and mixers as well. You can even record all the audio heard on your Mac at once! If you can hear it, Audio Hijack can record it.
Set any application as your source in Audio Hijack, then hit the record button to save its audio!
Audio Hijack can also capture and record audio from microphones, mixers, and other input devices.
All System Audio
Use the System Audio source to capture all the audio heard on your Mac at once.
Grab Web Streams
There's an incredible array of streaming audio on the web, and Audio Hijack will help you save it for offline listening.
Easy VoIP Recording
Easily capture conversations from Skype, FaceTime, Google Talk, or any other VoIP service.
Powerful Podcast Recording
Customizable source and recording options give podcasters never-before-seen power and control.
Pump Up the Volume
Stuck with small laptop speakers? Use Volume Overdrive to crank things up so you can hear your audio.
Adjust and Re-route Audio
Couple Audio Hijack with our utility Loopback to capture audio from one app, adjust it, then send it to another app.
Live Stream Audio
New in Audio Hijack 3.8, the Live Stream output enables you to stream to RTMP servers like YouTube Live, Twitch, and Facebook Live.
Broadcast Internet Radio
The Broadcast output enables you to send audio to Shoutcast and Icecast servers for global listening.
So Much More...
With Audio Hijack, you can capture and record any audio on your Mac. We can't wait to hear how you use it!
Record to All Major Formats
Record to the world's most popular audio formats, including MP3 and AAC, or save in perfect-fidelity AIFF, WAV, ALAC or FLAC.
Once you've configured a Session to your liking, you can re-use it over and over. With one click, you'll be recording exactly as desired.
Easy File Organization
Find all of your recordings sorted by Session in the Recordings tab, where you can quickly pass files to an audio editor, add them to iTunes, or share them.
Use the Schedule tab to set up timed recordings for when you're not around. Your audio will be waiting for you when you return.
When silence is detected, Audio Hijack can automatically stop recording, split to a new file, or remove audio.
Bulletproof recording means that even if the power goes out or your computer crashes, you'll never lose a recording.
A Thoughtful Interface
Audio Hijack's intuitive audio grid provides a terrific pipeline-style view of exactly how your audio flows, so you can easily understand it.
Gorgeous Audio Effects
The included audio effects are easy to use and easy on the eyes. Their functionality is now accessible to all.
Time Shift Your Audio
Now you can pause, delay, and rewind live audio on your Mac. It's perfect for transcribing audio and more!
- Initial Support for M Chip-Based Macs
- Audio Hijack is now a Universal app, offering initial support for the new M1 chip-based Macs. Though there are no known issues, we do not yet recommend its use in critical productions. Further testing is ongoing, with more updates to follow.
- Full MacOS 11 (Big Sur) Compatibility
- Audio Hijack now has full compatibility with MacOS 11 (Big Sur), with no known issues.
- Audio Hijack will now load emulated (non-native) plugins on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Audio Hijack now respects the user-specified system-wide "Accent" color on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) and up. It also supports Big Sur's new "Multicolor" option, with an appropriate, app-specific blue.
- Audio Hijack will now capture both halves of conversations for users beta testing voice and video calls in the Whatsapp Desktop app.