It allows you to easily transfer songs to and from ipod. It also has some extra features such as lyrics support (with web search) and full unicode text support (international characters).
This beta brings support for iTunes 4.9 and a greatly improved linux version. Apple introduced a new feature, 'Podcasts', which significantly changed music database.
Here's a brief description of the features in YamiPod:
* stand alone program, no installation required
* iPod is automatically recognized
* mp3 and AAC files can be copied to/from iPod
* read/write access to mp3 id3 and AAC infos
* playlist support (On-The-Go included)
* playlists import (PLS,M3U)
* playlists export (PLS,M3U)
* full unicode support
* auto-download new versions
* advanced song import/export settings
* and much much more...
- [FIX] iTunes length at the end error
- [FIX] application quitted after unexpectedly in some situations