Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. It is absolutely free! Using this software product you can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never before!
FDM is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use application. Also this software product is well-known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and scheduler.
FDM can resume broken downloads. So you needn't start the downloading process from the very beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.
FDM is an indispensable tool for download acceleration. It splits files into several sections and then downloads them simultaneously allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%.
This software application can be used in automatic mode. You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. All the operations mentioned above can be set at the specified time.
FDM allows adjusting traffic usage. So it provides you with an opportunity to browse web pages much faster if you use a low connection speed.
* Portable mode
* Bittorrent protocol support
* Metalink support
* Macroses for specifying the output folder for downloads
* Site Explorer: Progress of building of the list of files
* Option to disable notifications for batch downloads
* Ability to specify the list of sites that should not be monitored
* Automatic integrity check of downloaded file
* Take proxy settings from Firefox browser
* Sub groups
* "Grant all bandwidth for this download" feature
* Ability to change the folder for storing FDM's data files.
* Some small improvements and changes
* Speedup of work with the large lists of downloads
* Interface improvements
* Site Explorer: crash if some network error occurs while building the list of files
* Senseless loop, if zip preview failed
* Zip preview did not work for sites that allow 1 connection per ip only
* Downloaded file was launched before performing the virus check
* Work with FTP ASCII mode bug fixed
* Scheduler: when scheduling a download to start "Every ..." it will show "0 days" instead of hours or minutes.
* Failed to download if there was '%' symbol in the FTP url.
* General bug fixes
Software similar to Free Download Manager RC 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Free Download Manager is a full-featured download accelerator and manager released under the GNU General Public License.
Tool to increase download speeds by up to 500 percent, resume and schedule downloads.
- Free to Try