NetGong is a sophisticated network monitoring solution that allows network administrators, webmasters, and Internet service providers to monitor any networked device on the Internet, corporate intranet, or TCP/IP LAN and receive alerts immediately via audible alarm, message, e-mail, or third-party software when a connection fails. It is a powerful personal monitoring product delivering low cost, simplicity of operation, and round-the-clock coverage. An essential addition to any network administrator’s personal toolkit, NetGong allows users to tailor it to their particular area of responsibility, from a single server to a small-office LAN to hundreds of devices within a large corporate network. Corporate network managers can use NetGong to distribute responsibility among IS staffers and complement existing network management systems. Small businesses can afford to employ NetGong for monitoring critical e-mail and Web servers.
- Agentless architecture - Allows you to monitor network devices or services without installing an agent on each machine.
- Comprehensive monitoring - Monitors up to 500 network resources simultaneously.
- Global settings - Allows quick network resource configuration.
- Independent parameters - Allows all parameters to be set independently for each network resource.
- Maintenance mode - Permits you to temporarily disable monitoring of certain resources.
- Robust alerting - alerts you to failures using a variety of techniques ranging from audible alarms to third-party software.
- alert schedule - Allows you "fine tune" the alerting functions to avoid unnecessary alerting during an extended failure.
- Failure and recovery alerts - alerts can be enabled for any combination of failure and recovery notices.
- Custom alerts - Allows custom alerts to be created for each monitored resource.
- Test alert configuration - Each alert type can be tested in order to verify that the alert is configured correctly prior to going live.
- E-mail notification - Allows e-mail notification via SMTP with the server of your choice.
- Custom messages - Supports keyword values and customized message information.
- Integrated reporting - Offers real-time and historical reporting capabilities to assist you in tracking network resources availability.
- HTML report output - Provides reports in HTML format to help keep track of network resources availability in an easy to view list.
- Remote access - Provides remote access to the monitoring results using a Web browser.
The final release of NetInfo 7.8 is now available for download. It includes support for geographic location technology, support for Google Maps technology, and improved Lookup tool that reports IP geolocation data and allows you to easily locate a network address on a Google Map.
Software similar to NetGong 3
PRTG Network Monitor is the powerful network monitoring solution from Paessler AG.
A simple, yet powerful utility for measuring your bandwidth usage and the speed of all kinds of wired and wireless network connections (Dial-up, Ethernet, ISDN, DSL, 802.11b etc.).
- Free to Try
Allows you to capture network traffic, view and analyze it.