Do you have two computers at your desk, with two screens and two sets of keyboard and mouse? Here's where Synergy comes in... Synergy is Free and Open Source Software that lets you easily share your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers, where each computer has its own display. No special hardware is required, just a network connection. Synergy is supported on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Usage is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. You can even share your clipboard.
- Simply move your mouse to any computer and start typing.
- Supported on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and Apple iOS.
- Share your clipboard (copy and paste) between your computers.
- Drag and drop files from one computer to another.
- Encryption keeps sensitive data safe on public networks.
- Save space on your desktop by using one keyboard and mouse.
- Network-based (IP) software KVM switch, minus the video.
- Seamlessly share your mouse and keyboard with two or more computers.
- Only a local network connection is needed (no extra cables or hardware).
- An alternative to a keyboard/mouse USB switch.
- Used by gamers for multiboxing (WoW and other MMORPGs).
- Easily turn your old laptop or desktop PC into a second screen.
- Avoid needing VNC for computers close by (like a media center).
- Make use of your Raspberry Pi on your desktop.
- Synergy is free and open source, and always will be!
Where did Synergy+ go?
Synergy+ and Synergy have now merged! We'll still be using the old synergy-plus source code repository and mailing lists (there's no reason to migrate away). A bit of history for the newcomers... Chris Schoeneman created the original version of Synergy, but temporarily stopped development in 2006. Since the demand for updates was so massive, Synergy+ was started by Sorin Sbârnea and Nick Bolton in 2009 to provide support and bug fixes. While maintaining version 1, we are also working on version 2, which will see more stable support for newer operating system versions.
Software similar to Synergy for Windows 1
Multiplicity enables you to control up to 9 PCs with only one keyboard and mouse. You can copy, paste, drag and drop files between PCs and centralize audio from all PCs to one PC.
- Free to Try