It is free software and therefore free to download, use and distribute. LibreOffice Viewer uses the same engine as LibreOffice for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This, combined with a new front-end based on Firefox for Android, reads documents similarly to LibreOffice desktop.
LibreOffice Viewer also comes with a first preview of the editing functionality, which is considered an experimental feature and not stable enough for mission critical tasks. Feedback and bug reports are very welcome, to help developers improve the quality of the application on its way to a fully-fledged editor.
Download notes: Alternatively you can download the latest desktop version of this software.
- Load and Save ODF documents in flat XML to make external XSLT processing easier
- Make license information accessible via the Help menu
- Made on-line Help available on-line, via the WikiHelp
- Added "Experimental" mode, to allow users to test out as-yet-unfinished features
- Bundled Linux "Libertine G" and Linux "Biolinum G" fonts
- Added the LibreColors to the palette
- Implement import of alpha channel for RGBA .tiffs
- Show all appropiate formats by default on "Save As"
- Use radio buttons widgets to clarify complex menu option intentions
- Add option to enable saving of documents with non-visible changes
- Added Quickstarter for Unix builds (enabled only in distro builds)
- Fix synthetic small caps resizing factor to improve look and interoperability
New Features and Fixes
- Round-trip interoperability with Microsoft OOXML, particularly for DOCX, as well as legacy RTF, has improved considerably. A new import filter for Abiword documents has been added.
- A new engine for Calc - massive parallel calculations of formula cells using GPU via OpenCL are now possible thanks to our new formular interpreter.
- Windows specific improvements for business users, particularly a simplified custom install dialog, and the ability to centrally manage and lock-down the configuration with Group Policy Objects via Active Directory.
- Better integration with Windows 7 and 8, with thumbnails of open documents now grouped by application and a list of recent documents, both showing on the task bar.
- Power and enterprise users on all platforms will like the new Expert Configuration window, which has been added to the Options tab.
- New Start screen with a cleaner layout that makes better use of the available space - even on netbooks - and shows a preview of the last ODF documents.
LibreOffice for Android is featured in...
Software similar to LibreOffice for Android 5
WPS Office is a lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility.
LibreOffice is a free productivity suite compatible with Microsoft Office, available on a variety of platforms.
- Windows, macOS, Linux
Free office productivity suite, which includes three programs that reflect the different purposes and tasks required in any working/personal environment.
- Windows, macOS, Linux, Android
More similar downloads