It gives you the power to manage Mac systems from anywhere on your network or remotely across the Internet.
It can reduce administrative costs and enhance productivity in any environment. Apple Remote Desktop enables a teacher to keep an eye on all the computer screens in a classroom or lab, distribute software upgrades, perform group demos, and provide online assistance with real-time text communications for students needing individual attention.
In a business environment, Apple Remote Desktop can reduce administration costs and enhance productivity throughout your company. It includes tools system administrators can use to assist users with problems, distribute software, and efficiently manage Macintosh systems - all from a central location, and over both wired and wireless networks.
Apple Remote Desktop helps you to reduce downtime and let people be more productive.
- Remote Spotlight Search
- Dashboard widget
- Automator actions
- Curtain mode
- Remote drag-and-drop
- Power Copy
- System Status Indicators
- Application Usage Report
- User History Report
- Smart Computer Lists
- Task Templates
The 3.7.2 update is recommended for Apple Remote Desktop users and addresses several issues related to overall reliability, usability and compatibility. This update also provides:
- Fixed scanner issue causing wrong IP addresses to be displayed
- Changes to view order of screens in multi-observe mode
- Support for OS X Mavericks
- Automatic copy and paste between local and remote computers
- Improved support for Mac systems with multiple displays and multiple IP addresses
- Enhanced multi-observe with gesture support for swiping between screens
- Improves overall reliability of the Remote Desktop application and screen sharing sessions