- Auto completion
- Code folding
- Column mode
- Multi edit and multi select
- Advanced sorting
- Handles both ASCII and binary files
- CSS and HTML wizards
- CSS and HTML preview using internal IE, Firefox 4 and Chrome browsers
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats
- Unicode and ANSI code page detection
- Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM)
- Unicode file paths and file names
- HTML validation, format and repair
- Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap...
RJ TextEd is released as FREEWARE. However, if you find the program useful I would appreciate a small donation.
Online validation (HTML, CSS)
- Added new online validators to the HTML menu.
Validators are: HTML5 Validator, W3C HTML Validator and W3C CSS Validator.
- Programming ligatures should display properly now after some minor changes. Ligatures are used with fonts that supports them, like Fira Code or Cascadia Code.
- Close editor if all open files are closed.
- Allow one instance on each virtual desktop (Windows 10). This option only work if you close all open instances and restart the editor.
- Rearranged a few menu items in the HTML menu.
- Made changes to the line diff view in compare documents view.
- Clipboard issue with very large clips.
- SFTP download issue (and drag n drop).
- Misc reported issues.
Software similar to RJ TextEd 5
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
A general-purpose text editor, designed to be small and compact.
Light-weight, free and open source Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting for a few commonly used languages.