It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
- Win64 version are now compiled with Visual C++, it should help stability wise
- New Demuxer:Native AviSynth demuxer (MSVC++ 64 bits Windows builds only), 64bits avisynth only !
- New Demuxer:VapourSynth demuxer to directly load .vpy scripts (MSVC++, macOS with Homebrew, custom Linux builds), 64bits vapoursynth only on win64!
- New Installer:Replace NSIS installer with Qt Installer Framework for native MSVC++ 64 bits Windows builds
- New Encoder:Add FFmpeg-based VA-API HW accelerated H.264 encoder (Intel/Linux)
- New Encoder:Add FFmpeg-based VA-API HW accelerated HEVC encoder (Intel/Linux)
- FFmpeg:Migrate to the 4.x branch
- Decoder:As a result of the FFmpeg upgrade, HW accelerated HEVC decoding on macOS is now available when supported by the hardware
- Encoder:Fix issues with image quality and skipped frames in the MJPEG encoder
- Demuxer:Fix audio delay calculation in the Mp4 demuxer
- Demuxer:Fix crash loading large MP4 files with LPCM audio
- Demuxer:Fix multiple issues in the ASF demuxer, allow to cancel indexing
- Demuxer:Allow to cancel indexing of MKV files
- Demuxer:Re-enable multiloading for MPEG-TS streams cut in chunks of 256, 512 MiB, 1, 2 and 4 GiB in size only
- Demuxer:Fix MPEG-TS indexer to start a H.264 or HEVC frame with the Access Unit Delimiter
- Muxer:Add Annex B to Annex B video stream filter to deal with misplaced frame boundaries
- Muxer:Add support for setting rotation flag to the MP4 muxer
- Filter:Add rubber band selector to the "Blacken Borders" filter
- Filter:Add option to deal with anamorphic display to the subtitle filter, fix issues in SRT to SSA converter
- UI:Autosave session on video close, add session restore feature
- UI:Add file name extension when saving audio for some audio types
- Audio:Make maximum level in the "Normalize" filter customizable
- Audio:Improve AAC sampling frequency detection
- Audio:Add decoding support for multichannel Opus audio
- Miscellaneous:Fix regression playback stuck after going to the previous picture
- Miscellaneous:Fix regression "Fade to black" reset when starting filtered playback close to the end of video
- Miscellaneous:Fix regression stopping playback rewinds to the start of video if seek back to the last displayed picture fails
Apps similar to Avidemux 7
Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
- Free to Try
Designed to be intuitive, VideoPad is a fully featured video editor for creating professional quality videos in minutes. Making movies has never been easier.