It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
- New Feature:Detect and warn when cut points in H.264 video streams may result in playback issues despite being on keyframes
- FFmpeg:Update to the 4.1.4 release
- Core:Fix MSVC++ builds do not run when the path to user directory contains non-ASCII characters
- Decoder:Fix DXVA2 HW accelerated decoding on Windows 7
- Decoder:Fix DXVA2 HW accelerated decoding stops sometimes on cuts
- Decoder:Enable HW accelerated decoding of 8-bit HEVC for recent versions of Intel graphics driver on Windows
- Encoder:Fix regression with saved x264 and x265 profiles not found (MSVC++ only)
- Demuxer:Dynamically load VapourSynth Script library to avoid error messages on Windows if VapourSynth is not found
- Demuxer:Provide correct average audio bitrate in the Mp4 demuxer if the exact value for the particular codec is unknown
- Demuxer:Fix crash loading MP4 file with number of audio tracks exceeding the max supported
- Demuxer:Support audio tracks in fragmented MP4 files (the variety with empty moov only)
- Demuxer:Support E-AC3 audio tracks in MP4 files
- Demuxer:Fix ASF demuxer still broken by chance with MSVC++ only, the fix relevant for all platforms
- Demuxer:Support more varieties of BMP images
- Muxer:Optimize output of the Mp4 muxer for streaming on Windows too
- Muxer:Add option to the Mp4 muxer to output fragmented MP4 files
- Muxer:Label HEVC video in Mp4 in a way compatible with QuickTime on macOS
- Filter:Fix assembly in Yadif deinterlacer with MSVC++
- UI:Enable automatic application scaling on Windows for recent Qt versions
- UI:Fix silent mode, automatically confirm dialogs instead of choosing the default option
- Audio:Support WMAPRO audio codec for decoding
- Audio:Support AAC with signal band replication (SBR) in external audio tracks
- Audio:Fix saving AAC audio tracks with SBR to a file
- Audio:Improve resilience to false positives when probing external audio files for AAC
- Miscellaneous:Fix crash with OpenGL or DXVA2 video output in 32 bits Avidemux on Windows (better late than never)
- Miscellaneous:Fix regressed handling of empty frames in MPEG-4 and FRAPS video streams
- Miscellaneous:Numerous other fixes and polish
Apps similar to Avidemux 7
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
- Free to Try
Designed to be intuitive, VideoPad is a fully featured video editor for creating professional quality videos in minutes. Making movies has never been easier.
Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.