The desktop version of Task Coach (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD) has the following features:
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
- Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
- Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL's onto a task, note or category.
- Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
- Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
- Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
- Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
- The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
- Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
- Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
- Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
- Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as My Funambol.
- Fix tooltips on notes. (1525)
- Fix sort order indication in viewer columns. (1527)
- Don't crash at startup if the locale is not supported. (1528)
- A task file can now be open by several instances of Task Coach, allowing several users to work on the same file. (http://taskcoach.uservoice.com/forums/26465-desktop-version-windows-linux-mac-of-task-coach/suggestions/288999-enable-multi-user-task-management)
- Backups are now always enabled.
Task Coach for iOS
There is a todo-list application for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that can synchronize with Task Coach through the network.
Main features are:
- Hierarchical categories.
- Editing of task subject, description, dates and completed status.
- Tap on the task's led icon to mark it complete.
- Available in English and French.
Apps similar to Task Coach 3
Evernote is a free note-taking application for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, WP, and BB with cross platform support.
What is Simple Sticky Notes? It's a simple, easy-to-use, absolutely free, fast and efficient note taking software.
A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application.