There are two modules in Mumble; the client (mumble) and the server (murmur). The client works on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and macOS, while the server should work on anything Qt can be installed on.
Please note that with "Windows" we mean 7 and newer. Vista may be supported, but we can't guarantee it. If you don't want to encounter potential issues, you may download Mumble 1.3.x, the last version to provide support for XP.
- Low-latency - great for talking and gaming
- Stay private and secure
- always encrypted communication
- Public/private-key authentication by default
- Recognize friends across servers
- For gamers:
- In-game Overlay - see who is talking
- Positional audio - hear the players from where they are located
- Wizards to guide you through setup, like configuring your microphone
- Free software - no licensing hassle
- Open Source - open in security and technology, and open to extendibility
- Extensive user permission system (ACL)
- Extendible through Ice middleware
- Web interfaces - free choice of several community free software projects
- Channel viewers - even without direct Ice access, if the hoster provides the CVP, easily set up your channel viewer of choice
- Authenticators - to allow users to authenticate against an existing user database
- Custom chat commands and context (right click) menu entries
- Free software - no licensing hassle or cost
- Automatable administration through Ice middleware
- Low resource cost for hosting
- Very stable server software
- Free choice of server software
- Custom webinterfaces for users through Ice
- Or just host one of the free software web interfaces
- Provide users with channel viewer data (CVP) without giving control away
- Or empower the users by providing the Ice interface
- Fixed: Don't use outdated (non-existent) notification icon names on Linux (#4705)
- Fixed: Security vulnerability caused by allowing non http/https URL schemes in public server list (#4733)
- Fixed: Exit status for actions like --version or --supw was always set to non-zero ( #3998)
- Fixed: Packet loss & audio artifacts caused by OCB2 XEX* mitigation (#4720)
- Overlay blocked by BattleEye. A request to whitelist it has been made.
- Overlay blocked by CS:GO Trusted Mode.
Software similar to Mumble 5
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
All-in-one voice and text chat that’s free, secure, and works on your desktop, web browser, and phone.
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes.
More similar downloads