- Low-latency - great for talking and gaming
- Stay private and secure
- always encrypted communication
- Public/private-key authentication by default
- Recognize friends across servers
- For gamers:
- In-game Overlay - see who is talking
- Positional audio - hear the players from where they are located
- Wizards to guide you through setup, like configuring your microphone
- Free software - no licensing hassle
- Open Source - open in security and technology, and open to extendibility
- Extensive user permission system (ACL)
- Extendible through Ice middleware
- Web interfaces - free choice of several community free software projects
- Channel viewers - even without direct Ice access, if the hoster provides the CVP, easily set up your channel viewer of choice
- Authenticators - to allow users to authenticate against an existing user database
- Custom chat commands and context (right click) menu entries
- Free software - no licensing hassle or cost
- Automatable administration through Ice middleware
- Low resource cost for hosting
- Very stable server software
- Free choice of server software
- Custom webinterfaces for users through Ice
- Or just host one of the free software web interfaces
- Provide users with channel viewer data (CVP) without giving control away
- Or empower the users by providing the Ice interface
The Mumble team has released version 1.2.10 of the Mumble VoIP application. Version 1.2.10 is a security release in the stable 1.2-series of Mumble.
This release updates OpenSSL to 1.0.1p. This version of OpenSSL fixes "Alternative chains certificate forgery" (CVE-2015-1793).
There are no source changes to Mumble itself in this build. The version bump is only relevant to our binary releases.
Apps similar to Mumble 6
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
Skype is free and simple software that will enable you to make free calls anywhere in the world in minutes.
All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.