Initially, the program was created as a companion to Far Manager (FAR in Wikipedia), my favorite shell replacement - file and archive management, command history and completion, powerful editor.
Today, ConEmu can be used with any other console application or simple GUI tools (like PuTTY for example).
- smooth and friendly window resizing
- tabs for editors, viewers, panels and consoles
- run simple GUI apps in tabs
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons
- easily run old DOS applications (games) in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS
- thumbnails and tiles in Far Manager
- normal, maximized and full screen graphical window modes
- window font anti-aliasing: standard, ClearType, disabled
- window fonts: family, height, width, bold, italic, etc.
- using normal/bold/italic fonts for different parts of the console simultaneously
- Chinese verions of Windows supported
- using 24-bit colors in Far Manager 3.x
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors
- cursor: standard console (horizontal) or GUI (vertical)
- optional per-application settings (e.g. palette)
- vertical console buffer scrolling using the keyboard (BufferHeight mode)
- show full output (1K+ lines) of last command in Far Manager's editor/viewer
- customizable Far Manager right click behaviour (long click opens context menu)
- drag and drop (explorer style) of files and folders in Far Manager
- limited support of BDF fonts
- user friendly text and block selection
- transparency and desktop mode
- customizable starting tabs
- configurable and clickable status bar
- and more, and more... take a look at the Settings dialog, What's New page and Settings.reg
ConEmu is not a shell, so it does not provide "shell features" like tab-completion, command history and others. ConEmu is advanced console window where you can run any shell of your choice.
- conemu#1877: Option ‘Snap to desktop edges’ was broken (regression 663a216).
- conemu#1878: Enable log in ConEmuC /c when started from Far.exe.
- conemu#1838: Log start/stop command from Far.exe.
- conemu#1871: Add some logs to WindowPosChaning.
- conemu#1870: Add switch /t:
to Setupper. Ability to specify temparary directory for msi files. So, you may specify on the ‘Update’ settings page special installer command, e.g.: "%1" /t:"C:\Temp\ConEmuFiles" /p:%3,adm /qn. If the switch /t:…` is not specified, Setupper uses:
- TEMP environment variable;
- GetTempPath API function if variable is not defined.
- conemu#1851: Restore contents after return from Alternative screen was broken.