SmoothVideo Project increases the frame rate by generating intermediate animation frames between existing frames in order to produce very smooth, fluid and clear motion. The technology is pretty well-known for a while ("TrimensionDNM", "Motion Plus", "Motionflow" and others), but now it becomes available to PC users for free using a simple GUI and a couple of mouse clicks.
SVP provides GPU acceleration and allows to watch 1080p videos recalculated to 60Hz in real-time using a mid-range CPU and almost any GPU hardware. SVP actually is not a video player, but it allows almost any player to play smooth video. Yeah, even in 3D.
- Frame rate conversion up to 60/120/144+ fps
- GPU acceleration, including NVIDIA Optical Flow support
- Most video players, including VLC
- HDR support (in selected players)
- VR and BD3D support (in selected players)
- Play, convert, stream
- Regular updates
- No ads
- Fixed possible hanging in the middle of playback
Software similar to SmoothVideo Project 3
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
MPC-HC is a lightweight, open source media player. It supports most video and audio file formats out there.
MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems.