Complete backups faster
The app is very fast at bulk copying and it is even faster at updating.
Extensively optimized across the board Bvckup 2 goes out of its way to process every backup as quickly as possible.
Do just one simple thing...
The app does not compress, encrypt or FTP files. It's not a two-way sync nor is it a full system backup software.
It does just one thing - it mirrors A to B.
...and do it really well
It's better to excel at one thing than to be average in many.
From the nuanced user interface to the high-performance core, the app is built to always favor quality over quantity.
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
- Resolved an issue with delta copying zero-sized files. More specifically - files that show up as large during the scan but then end up being empty when the program gets to actually backing them up.
- Added an Easter egg...
- Service account passwords now conform to Windows complexity requirements as per built-in security policy -- more specifically, the app now ensures that a randomly generated password for the bvckup2 service account contains an uppercase, a lowercase and one of digit characters.
- DFS reparse points are now processed by default -- that is, reparse points of 0x8000000A type are now traversed during the scanning phase and generally handled as regular folders.
- "No backups for 5 minutes after a reboot" option now supports Windows 10 reboots in Fast Start mode -- just what it says on the label, this option now properly works on W10 regardless of the reboot style.
- I will put the details on https://bvckup2.com/wip in a bit, because new W10 reboot mechanism is... just something else. Killed almost a week on this one.
- Fixed an UI issue in the "Scanning the archive" phase -- oddly enough the UI was missing a human description for this phase. No more.
- Fixed multiple UI issues with higher DPI display modes -- this mainly covers the appearance of comboboxes and droplists in secondary UI windows like Email Alerts. They appeared shorter in height than they supposed to be.
- Fixed an UI issue with the How To Send window layout -- minor OCD cleanup with 2px misalignment of some controls.
- Fixed handling of external "status *" command.
- Improved handling of swap file failure -- largely internal thing related to how the app handles edge failures in very large backups.
Software similar to Bvckup 4
Highly configurable backup software with intuitive interface.
- Free to Try
Multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories.
Drive Image and Disk Backup tool creates disk image files on the fly.