Cobian Backup is a multi*threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary. Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies".
Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
- Welcome to the new version: Cobian Backup 11, Gravity
- AES encryption (128, 192 and 256 bits)
- The directories Settings, Logs and DB can now be configured manually
- A task has now the Priority field
- A new scheduled type is added: On startup
- A new scheduled type was added: On first Monday, On third Tuesday, etc...
- Now you can limit the number of Differential backups as well
- Now you can select a fixed day of the week to make an incremental or differential backup Full
- The program can now automatically delete old files
- Suspend and Hibernate are now Events
- Sources and Destinations can now be sorted "As Explorer"
- Delete empty directories is now a Task property
- A LOT of new parameters can now be used (see the help file)
- The task list can now be divided and organized in groups
- Inclusions and Exclusions can now be arranged
- The Deleter can now delete multiple sources
- The Safe Mirror directory keeps now the original directory structure
- You can now link tasks as an event
- The installer is now improved
- The application can now be closed from every possible desktop
- Old encryption methods are now deprecated
- The decryptor and decompressor accept now multiple sources
- The decryptor and the decompressor accept command line arguments
- The program checks the existence of the destination file even when using the attribute method
- Counting files can now be paused or canceled
- The body of the mail is now configurable
- The Remote Manager is fully rewriten and can now show the progress of the remote client
- The Remote Manager can now get the FULL log file of the client
- Restart and Shutdown work now even with impersonation
- Missed backups don't restart or shutdown the machine now if that event is present
- And a LOT more
Software similar to Cobian Backup 8
System disk real-time backup and restore for workstations and home PCs.
- Free to Try
Disk image, file backup and disk cloning for Windows.
It is a reliable data backup & system disaster recovery software for home users.
More similar downloads