As featured in:
- Using a PlayStation 4 controller with your PC or Mac
- Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
macOS High Sierra is packed with new features and refinements. There's a new file system, AFS, for better security, reliability and speed in file transfers. Better graphics and VR supported have also been included along with backwards compatibility so you install the new OS in machine even from late 2009. Finally, applications like Safari, Spotlight, Notes, Apple Mail, and other have been polished up.
Take a photo right to your Mac.
Now you can use your iPhone to shoot or scan a nearby object or document and have it automatically appear on your Mac. Just choose Insert a Photo from the File menu. You can take a photo of something on your desk and instantly see it in your Pages document. Or scan a receipt, and a straightened version is immediately available in the Finder as a PDF. Continuity Camera works in the Finder, Mail, Messages, Notes, Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. It’s another way iPhone and Mac just click.
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Update adds AirPlay 2 multiroom audio support for iTunes and improves the stability and security of your Mac. This update is recommended for all users.
- Added download links for Security Update 2019-001, which is recommended for all users and improves the security of macOS.
- The macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update improves the stability and reliability of MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2018) computers and is recommended for all users.
- The macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 update adds AirPlay 2 multi-room audio support for iTunes and improves the stability and security of your Mac.
AirPlay 2 for iTunes
- Control your home audio system and AirPlay 2-enabled speakers throughout your house
- Play music at the same time on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in your house, all in sync
Other improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Photos from recognizing AVCHD media from some cameras
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail users from moving a message from Gmail to another account
Previous release notes:
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac and is recommended for all users.
This update adds support for Messages in iCloud, which lets you store messages with their attachments in iCloud and free up space on your Mac. To enable Messages in iCloud, go to Preferences in Messages, click Accounts, then select “Enable Messages in iCloud”.
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 update improves the security, stability, and reliability of your Mac.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
- Adds support for 70 new emoji including food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more
- Fixes a bug where Bluetooth may be unavailable during Apple Pay transactions
- Improves the reliability of Microsoft Exchange message sync in Mail
- Fixes an issue where Spotlight may not accept keyboard input
Get things done by asking Siri, the intelligent assistant now on your Mac:
- Enjoy your favorite features from iOS as well as new ones optimized for Mac.
- Send messages, create reminders, search the web, and more while you work.
- Drag and drop or copy and paste Siri results into your documents.
- Pin Siri results in Notification Center and reference them later.
- Find files, adjust settings, and get system information just by asking Siri.
Copy and paste between your devices with Universal Clipboard.
- Copy a quote, image, or video from an app on one device and paste it into an app on another device.
Automatically log in with Auto Unlock.
- Log in to your Mac automatically when you wear your Apple Watch — no need to type your password.
Enjoy the convenience and security of Apple Pay when you shop on the web.
- Use Apple Pay to make easy, secure payments when shopping in Safari on your Mac.
- Complete your purchase with Touch ID on your iPhone or with your Apple Watch.
Access files on your Mac desktop from your iPhone with iCloud Desktop and Documents.
- Automatically store all the files on your desktop and in your Documents folder in iCloud, and access them from all your devices.
- Keep the same desktop and Documents folder on your other Mac. Easily free up space on your Mac with Optimized Storage.
- Automatically store seldom-used files in iCloud, where they’ll be available on demand.
- Additional tools help you remove files you don’t need, to save even more space.
Get control of your desktop with tabs in apps.
- Use tabs to manage multiple windows in Maps, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and more.
- Work with tabs in your favorite third-party apps — no developer adoption required.
Keep an eye on the big game or your favorite video with Picture in Picture.
- Float a video window from Safari or iTunes over your desktop as you work.
- Place the Picture in Picture window in any corner, and it stays put when you switch spaces or work in full screen.
Rediscover the most meaningful moments in your Photos library.
- Enjoy favorite and forgotten occasions from your photo library with Memories.
- View your images by who’s in them. Photos uses advanced face recognition technology to automatically group photos of the same person together.
- Search your photos by what’s in them, such as beaches, dogs, or concerts, thanks to intelligent search that can recognize objects and scenes.
- Track your photo expeditions across an interactive world map.
Enjoy an all-new Apple Music experience in iTunes.
- Easily navigate your library with the redesigned Apple Music.
- Discover great new music thanks to expert curation and advanced machine learning that give you the best recommendations.
Liven up your Messages conversations.
- See web content previews and watch web videos right in a conversation.
- Respond to messages with quick, handy Tapbacks.
- Express yourself with 3x larger emoji.
- View the stickers, Digital Touch, invisible ink, and handwritten messages that friends send from their iOS devices.
Some features may not be available in all regions or all languages. Some features have hardware requirements. Some features require an iCloud storage plan.
Recent macOS Sierra news
Software similar to macOS Sierra 6
macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience music, TV, and podcasts in three all-new Mac apps.
Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design.
VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
More similar downloads