Once a file or folder is unlocked you will be able to force-close the file’s handle, rename, delete, etc. I am sure that at least one time, you have run into a situation where you wanted to delete a file, but Windows wouldn’t allow you to do it because the file was already in use by another program or because the access to the file you wanted to delete was denied for some reasons. In this case you should know these messages:
- The source or destination file may be in use
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- The file is in use by another program or user
- There has been a sharing violation
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
You can use NoVirusThanks File Governor to safely close all the opened handles of a file or to safely close all the opened files inside a folder so that you will be able to delete the files and the folder without problems. This tool is useful also to unlock files locked by malware or unload malicious DLL files.
- Unblock files and folders locked by other applications
- Terminate processes that lock a file or folder
- Scan files and folders for locked objects
- Close opened handles and unload loaded DLL modules
- Unload DLL modules loaded in running processes
- Unlock all locked objects with a single mouse click
- Scan files and folders through the Windows explorer context menu
- Safely delete a locked file on the next reboot
- A valid and powerful alternative to the popular Unlocker
- Run it from the USB flash drive with the portable version
- The application can be translated into multiple languages
- Supports all Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Very lightweight in the memory and CPU usage
- Improved scanning for loaded DLLs
- Added option to unregister a DLL (via regsvr32.exe)
- Enabled DEP and ASLR on main exe and DLL file
- Added version info on FG_SHLEXT.dll
- Improved shell extension functionality
- Updated Korean language file
- Added Armenian language file
- Minor fixes and optimizations
Software similar to File Governor 5
Unlock files that you can not delete.
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason.
Application that can delete locked malware files on your system.
- Windows XP/Vista