It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
- Free and open source software (GPL).
Ophcrack 3.7.0 has been released. This version improves the table preloading and cracking strategy. We removed pwdump6 integration as well since it was not working correctly on the latest versions of Windows. Ophcrack for Windows is now compiled statically allowing us to remove the installer and provide portable versions for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.