Apache NetBeans is free and open source and is governed by the Apache Software Foundation.
Fast & Smart Editing
Apache NetBeans is much more than a text editor. It highlights source code syntactically and semantically, lets you easily refactor code, with a range of handy and powerful tools.
Apache NetBeans provides editors, wizards, and templates to help you create applications in Java, PHP and many other languages.
Apache NetBeans can be installed on all operating systems that support Java, i.e, Windows, Linux, Mac OSX and BSD. Write Once, Run Anywhere, applies to NetBeans too.
- Speed up finding binaries for source files, most notable performance increase on refactoring. (PR-1430)
- Using Java NIO2 Watchers on Windows and Linux (PR-1349)
- Optimized the archive file detection (PR-1422)
- The Gradle features can now read Java compiler arguments, enabling NetBeans support for Java preview features in Gradle projects. (PR-1494)
- Gradle now can accept user input from its Output tab. (PR-1461)
- NetBeans honors the project’s org.gradle.jvmargs property when launching Gradle Daemon (PR-1501)
- Enhancement to the installer enables subsets of Apache NetBeans to be installed (PR-1505)
- Upgraded Payara support to Payara Platform 5.193 (PR-1470)
- Amazon Beanstalk support updates (PR-1312)
- HTML5 attribute syntax support (PR-1380)
- Cleaned up Welcome Screen no longer refers to Oracle backends (PR-1457)
- Maven-based NetBeans modules can now be created again (commit 9e32a85)
- "Copy Dependent Libraries" in Ant-based projects works again (PR-1469)
- OpenJFX Gluon samples are now correctly registered (PR-1503)
- The donation of the NetBeans C and C++ features from Oracle to Apache was not complete at the time of the 11.2 release, though it is not far off, and the 11.3 release (January 2020) is scheduled to focus primarily on the integration of the C and C++ features, once they land in the Apache NetBeans GitHub. Until then, go to the Plugin Manager, enable the NetBeans IDE 8.2 Update Center, which lets you install the NetBeans IDE 8.2 modules providing C and C++ features.
- WildFly integration is supported by means of the WildFly Application Server plugin located in the Plugin Portal.
- Support for JSF 2.3 is available as a pull request, too late for inclusion in 11.2, scheduled for 11.3: PR-1576
Apps similar to Apache NetBeans 7
Developer tools and services for any platform with any language. IDE, DevOps, code editor & more.
Visual Studio Code is a source code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS. It includes support for debugging, embedded Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring.
An IDE letting you code like Mozart rather than coding nursery rhymes.
- Free to Try