Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports. It is available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.
- Double-Entry Accounting
- Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts
- Small-Business Accounting
- Reports, Graphs
- QIF/OFX/HBCI Import, Transaction Matching
- Scheduled Transactions
- Financial Calculations
- Bug 102787 - Currency selection should do autocompletion
- Bug 476114 - Goto register by date feature req
- Adds ability to jump to arbitrary date.
- Bug 554391 - Tax Options dialog - can only assign one TXF category at a time
- If the Tax options dialog is opened from the Chart of Accounts and an account is selected then the tax dialog will preselect that account.
- Bug 787295 - Allow UI jump from Business accounts to their relevant invoice/bill/voucher
- Bug 797514 - Changing transaction unreconciles a split inconsistently
- Partial: This make sure that the split's reconcile status gets updated before the transaction is committed.
- Bug 797730 - Transaction matching can match multiple imported transactions to the same existing one
- Bug 797839 - Auto-complete prevents entering non-ASCII transaction descriptions
- Bug 797852 - Error in Accounts Payable Aging re cut off dates
- Bug 797857 - Edit->Preferences: Help/Close buttons unreachable
- Bug 797874 - Errors in register and new-account UI
- Bug 797878 - Pie chart displays fractions and long decimal representations
- Ensure amounts rendering is rounded to report-currency SCU
- Bug 797880 - [gnucash-cli] encoding and font differing from manually exported reports (Win10, German locale).
- Bug 797883 - [Transaction Report] non-localized string
- Bug 797889 - editing amounts in dr / cr behaving oddly
- Bug 797893 - Unable to change font size in charts
- Use the stylesheet font values instead of hard-coded ones.
- Bug 797895 - Hang for a long time (9 minutes per account) importing a QFX file.
- Bug 797896 - [HBCI] crash when downloading transactions
- Bug 797897 - Cannot select multiple accounts in Tax Report Options
- Bug 797898 - [reconciliation] calculated balance amount per reconcilation date depending on actual time.
- Bug 797900 - Crash caused by Quitting while Check and Repair All is running
- Bug 797923 - Running employee report results in "Unbound variable: txn"
- Bug 797924 - Crash when searching for customer to process payment.
- Bug 797935 - Strange formal register headers
- In languages other than English because of poorly constructed translatable strings.
- Bug 797936 - Lot viewer notes field too narrow
- Bug 797945 - Tools -> Import Map Editor causes GnuCash to lock up
Software similar to GnuCash 2
Money Manager Ex is a free, open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software.
AceMoney Lite is a free personal finance software, the best free Quicken and Microsoft Money alternative. All features from its big brother are there, limited only to two accounts.