CTR (ClockTuner for Ryzen) software allows each user to customize the system with maximum energy efficiency. In this case, CTR is fully automated and does not limit the user in actions. The program has a kind of artificial intelligence, which will help in any situation, and the protection system will monitor each step so that your components were not exposed to danger. CTR is compatible with all motherboards on the AM4 socket, despite the artificial limitations of AMD. As for conditions, it is probably one thing - the processor should be based on ZEN2 and now ZEN3 architecture. CTR is made by Guru3D's oldtimer 1USMUS.
Please read the original v1 guide before usage on how to use and setup ClockTuner for Ryzen., seriously do that. We also have an updated guide based on v2.0 that you can read here. Our discussion forum on this topic can be found here.
- PX PROFILEs for all CPUs. Unlock maximum performance in low-threaded applications and games.
- Fast and accurate creation of P1, P2, and PX profiles during diagnostic (only for Zen 3 and Renoir). The whole process takes about 7 minutes.
- Redesigned CTR HYBRID OC. Smooth, safe profile switching. The profile switching speed is up to 62 times per second (up to 4x times more than earlier releases).
- Preloading profiles. Increases CTR response rate to load changes.
- The effective throtlling system for the CTR HYBRID OC allows your CPU to deal effectively with an extra heavy workload (base frequency at 1.1 volts).
- Auto-recommendation of the lowest possible voltages for each profile. Allows maximum energy efficiency without performance degradation. In most cases, it is capable of outperforming PBO.
- Improved Idle state.
- Reading CPPC information via Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI).
- Improved security of communication CTR with the System Management Unit (SMU).
- CTR BOOST TESTER - whether you use CTR or Curve Optimizer (CO), you can compare the results of each core booster with advanced information (temperature, PPT, etc.).
- "CLEAR CONFIG & CLOSE" - button that allows you to reset all CTR settings to their defaults.
- Real-time Profiles switching statistics (PROFILES tab).
- Auto-recovery after sleep. Both for HYBRID OC and manual profiles.
- CALCULATE button for PX, P2, and P1. If you need to recalculate the profile, you don't need to restart the entire diagnostic process (Zen 3 and Renoir).
- Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA) checker for tuning process.
- Improved protection against dangerous and unintentional user settings.
- Automatic recovery of configuration files after a failure.
- Phoenix mode has been improved (fixed "PLATINUM sample" etc.).
- Independent profile system. If one profile breaks, the other profiles are safe.
- Improved support for unique dual CCD 5600X and 5800X processors.
- AGESA 220.127.116.11 and newer fully supported.
- TO TRAY - individual button. The user can choose how to minimize CTR.
- Improved logging for all modes and functions.
- Rebalanced CPU quality categories (gold, silver, and so on).
- CTR automatically adjusts "Holding time". No longer available to the user.
- Increased CTR launch speed (up to 4x times).
- CTR has driver priority. Allows it to work more efficiently when the system is under maximum load.
- Reduced CTR's CPU usage.
- Alt-Tab fix when CTR is in the system tray.
- A simpler way to activate profiles (no saving required).
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
- Zen 3: Ryzen 9 5950X, Ryzen 9 5900X, Ryzen 7 5800X and Ryzen 5 5600X
- Zen 2: Threadripper 3970X, Threadripper 3960X, Ryzen 9 3950X, Ryzen 9 3900X, Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 9 3900, Ryzen 7 3800XT, Ryzen 7 3800X, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 5 3600XT, Ryzen 5 3600X, Ryzen 5 3600, Ryzen 5 3500X, Ryzen 5 3500, Ryzen 3 3300X and Ryzen 3 3100
- APU: Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G, Ryzen 7 PRO 4650G and Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G
For correct work, CTR is necessary:
- .NET Framework 4.8 (download)
- Download CTR and unpack the ZIP archive in a directory of your choice
- Then download the Cinebench R20 archive and extract the contents of the archive to the “CB20” folder (this folder is located inside the CTR folder).
- You can now run the Cinebench R20 one time. Please accept the license agreement, and close it Cinebench R20. CTR is now ready for use.
The main principle of this software is to evaluate the quality of each CCX and adjust the frequencies individually. Prime95 with a number of special presets assesses the stability of each CCX. A step-by-step frequency algorithm with multiple rules allows you to select the most stable frequency for all CCX simultaneously without disturbing the energy balance between the CCX. CTR also contains a plug-in (optional) test package Cinebench R20 from Maxon, which will evaluate the results of the tuning.
Software similar to ClockTuner for Ryzen 5
MSI Afterburner is an overclocking utility that works with all graphics cards. Main features include GPU/Shader/Memory clock adjustment, advanced fan speed and GPU voltage control.
GPU Tweak allows you to optimize clock speeds, voltage and fan speeds on up to four graphics cards independently or simultaneously, you can also select between GPU Tweak’s Standard or Advanced modes depending on your level of experience.
AMD Overdrive offers custom performance and overclocking for novice and enthusiast users as well as an auto-clock option.
More similar downloads