WizTree is a very high speed disk space analyzer utility for Windows. It scans your hard drive and shows you which files and folders are using the most disk space. Your entire hard drive's file system is displayed visually, making it very easy to locate large files and folders. Use the information WizTree provides to quickly locate and remove "space hogs" from your hard drive.
When scanning NTFS formatted hard drives (most modern hard drives use this format), WizTree reads the hard drive's Master File Table (MFT) directly from the disk. The MFT is a special hidden file used by the NTFS file system to keep track of all files and folders on a hard drive. Scanning for files this way completely bypasses the operating system (Windows) and provides a huge performance boost.
WizTree can also scan non NTFS hard drives, network drives, USB drives and individual directories.
Disk Space Analysis
Quickly identify what's using up the space on your hard drive and optionally delete files and folders to free up space.
WizTree reads the Master File Table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted drives (similar to the way Everything Search Engine works)
Multiple File Systems
WizTree can scan all hard drive types supported by Windows (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc). MTP/PTP devices like smartphones and cameras can also be scanned when connected via USB.
The visual treemap displays all files and folders visually based on their size. This allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance.
Find Largest Files
The "File View" lists every individual file and folder on your hard drive in order of size.
File Name Search
Quickly locate files by name or type using the file view search filter. Wildcard searches also supported (e.g. *.mp3)
Export File and MFT Data
All or selected file information can be exported to CSV (comma separated values) file or copied to the clipboard. MFT files can be extracted and dumped to a file.
Import File and MFT Data
Exported CSV and dumped MFT files can be imported back into WizTree for viewing. Great for tracking file system changes over time.
Command Line Support
Exports of CSV and MFT files can be done via command line parameters. Great for automated auditing of hard drives.
WizTree is free for personal use. However you can help support further development and use it commercially by purchasing a "Supporter Code". Large organizations should purchase an Enterprise license for unlimited use.
- Disk free space on treemap will now be displayed separately for each selection when using the "select multiple" option
- Export functions updated to always format floating point values (like percentages) using a point as currency separator. Previously it used the system locale character which is a comma in some countries. This extra comma would create problems when importing the data into other applications (like spreadsheets)
- Double clicking a file or folder in the tree or file view will now automatically open it
- Files/folders can now be dragged out of WizTree and into Windows Explorer windows to copy/move them. Hold Shift key while dragging to move the file, otherwise it will be copied. Dragging will only work when dragged from the file name column. Dragging in other columns will select all files in the selection rectangle.
- Copy (Ctrl+C)/Cut (Ctrl+X) menu items added to File Menu. Copy path shortcut changed from Ctrl+C to Ctrl+Alt+C
- Copy Path function will no longer include a trailing carriage return if only one item is selected
- Drive name now displayed in tree view and treemap
- Menu accelerator keys were not working in dark mode (fixed)
- new command line parameter added to select size or allocated space for treemap image export (default is size):/treemapimageshowallocated=[0|1] e.g. WizTree64.exe C: /treemapimagefile="C:\temp\cdriveimage_%d.png" /treemapimagewidth=1024 /treemapimageheight=768 /treemapimagefreespace=0 /treemapimageshowallocated=1
Software similar to WizTree 6
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Microsoft Windows.
Xinorbis is a simple but powerful hard disk analyser.
With this free software you can easily and quickly perform storage and disk usage analysis on your computer.
More similar downloads