Firmware is the driver program stored & executed within opto-drives (like CD-RW). Not the resident driver to be installed under PC operation system (like Windows, DOS device driver). To upgrade firmware will change and improve the compatibility & performance of the opto-drive. The downloaded upgrade program still need to be run in your PC to transfer the new firmware code into the flash memory of the opto-drive. Some of the upgrade programs can be only run under pure DOS operation system enviroment, some can be done directly under Windows enviroment (compatibility related).
Firmware Upgrade Program Run Under Windows
1. Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of your drive.
2. Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
3. Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
4. Please close all applications under Windows.
5. Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during upgrade.
6. Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
7. Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON drives ).
8. Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
9. Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.