will oblivion run on my friends comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATK, were you talking to me? I don't even have Oblivion, I was just commenting on having 384MB of ram. But I'll get Oblivion at some point.

Thread Starter????

Hey im the thread starter thank you very much! I'm installing Oblivion right now on my amd 3000 512mb ram and nvidia 6600GT!

yea i was talking to jtickner. I would like to see what FPS he is getting.

You can use FRAPS (free version) to see you FPS.

u dont need fraps to see the fps do u? isnt there sumthing u can do in the consolse or the config settings to show em like in morrowind?????????????

i am not familiar with any console commands for the game. I suppose its too new.

I have used fraps for sometime, with many games. It is a very small program and will not hurt you FPS.

Yea thats a nice looking game i play mine with all high settings and it is beautiful, I installed it on my son's comp though and it looks like crap. And Fraps is a great tool i use it all the time.

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 630 with Hyper-Threading Technology
3.0 GHz
800 MHz FSB
Microsoft Media Center OS
Memory (RAM) 2.0 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM in dual channel mode
Sata Hard Drive 250.0 GB 7200 RPM
Evga Geforce 6800Gs Superclocked PCI-E got it up to 545/1300
TV Tuner Card AVerMedia® M113
Optical Drives DVD-ROM drive Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Media Card Reader 8-in-1
Other FM tuner and antenna
IR receiver
Media Center remote control
Antec TruePower 550W Power Supply
Intel (South Lake) P4 550 800 MHz Motherboard R0 D915GSN: BTX Form Factor

Such a sad sad day :(

Hey, me and my friend have both just purchased the new game oblivion n it works but the game screen is just white. im pretty sure its a graphics card problem so yea. i have a nvidia geforce ti 4200. my friend also has a card not listed as compatable, so is there neway i can get it to work without buying a new graphics card cause i have absolutely no money wat so ever. Please help!!

Can be done

Samael13 said:
Hey, me and my friend have both just purchased the new game oblivion n it works but the game screen is just white.
The reason for this is Oblivion only supports cards with shader model 2 such as the Geforce FX series but your card only supports shader model one. There is support for version one in oblivion but unfortunately no shaders. Because of this it is possible to play Oblivion if you download a program called Oldblivion Here .
I use this to play oblivion with a Radeon 9250, frame rates aren't great but at least it works. Hope it works for you!

I did have a 128 Radeon when I bought my copy of Oblivion. But then nearly died on the spot when the game wouldn't work. I went straight out and bought myself a GeForce 6600 for $150. Installed it and the game was finally playable.

With the settings to the minimum, I am able to play this wonderful game with a 256 Ge Force 6600, and 512 RAM.

I'm soon getting another 512 RAM chip which will increase the performance alot, so I would personally advice at LEAST 1GB of RAM + 512 Graphics Card.

Just my personal opinion :)

(but this game is worth spending $$$ on!!)

AtK SpAdE said:
I doubt Oblivion can fill 512mb of ram on a graphics card. Thats way over the top.
Yeah it seems it will only have an impact at the highest graphical settings take a look at this
.Only very high end cards will be able to run oblivion at such settings so a mid range card with 512mb Vram wouldn't be much use I'd get some system RAM instead.

Will it Run Nicely?

Hello,

I am considering Oblivion but I am afraid my Graphics card doesn't comply with the requirments. I have an ATI Radeon 9250 and 1.5 Gigs of RAM. I'm not at home so I cannot tell you the exact specs but I belive that should help. I have run Half-Life 2 as well as Call of Duty 2 with NO problems, however I suspect the problem is that The ATI Radeon 9250 doesn't have this new "Shader Support"? If So a few suggestions as to which Cards I should look into buying would be great. I also run MMO's such as WoW, SWG, EQ2, And Guild Wars Without a problem. If the True problem is that I just don't have a new enough Video Card I'd like to purchase a card which will allow me to run Oblivion at Medium/Medium-Max Range. I would rather not spend 100 dollars on a new card because I already spend most of my time with SWG. Thanks in Advance!

Now That I think of it, NIVIDA and ATI are probobly worshiping Oblivion, It has had some large hype and it requires MMO Players (Most of them) to Upgrade. I figured most people who buy this game have bought a new graphics card in the past for a different game and will again buy a new card. My 9250 runs rather well on All MMOs, Pity I'll have to go out for a new Card (I think...)

I'm sorry to say Oblivion won't run well on a 9250 or at all without Oldblivion the shader program. My 9250 rarely manages more than 25 fps in most cases in a pathetic 640x480 resolution. Bethesda recommend an X800 or 6800 for mid-high performance I think those cards or better would be up to the job if you're considering an upgrade.

I have thought about it, and am almost ready to throw in the towel with Oblivion but, Because of my 1.5 Gigs of RAM, Will I be able to Play Oblivion with my ATI Radeon 9250 and Oldblivion? I have a sneaky feeling it would play ok at medium range graphics levels, And really wouldn't even mind playing with shadows off. Long Story short I don't want to spend 200 Dollars on it... Please, be truthfull, I don't want to buy it and be dissapointed, but If I could pla within the 20-35 FPS Range, Thats nice enough :)

1.5 Gb is more than enough RAM and I know I've enjoyed playing oblivion on my 9250 even with low graphics. You'll be cheating yourself out of a lot of eye candy and while it is playable it would be a good idea to get it only if you plan to upgrade in the near future.

Here's a cheap 6600 ,the memory is only DDR but it's only $85.99
3D Fuzion Geforce 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back