AMCAP, drivers, and an error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a webcam that i've had for a few years now. I lost the CD to it, but I was looking on here & found a place where I could install the driver for it. I downloaded it, thought everything was good, but when I try to open AMCAP it says "sorry, you don't have any video recording software" or something along those lines.

I tried to find hardware on it (CIF Single Chip) & it gave me this error message "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" So, I REALLY need help. I don't know where I should start or how I could remove a driver, I know nothing about this.

So, can someone please, please, PLEASE help me figure this out. Thanks.
ETA: When I go into Device Manager, it was a yellow question mark where it says "CIF Single Chip"

i downloaded drivers

i've downloaded about 5 different drivers. when i open them, all it has is AMCAP & Still Image thing. But when I try to open AmCap, it gives me the "Sorry, you don't have any video recording software"

You tried the first link (I really put a lot of time in that one)

Anyway, check right through both links above (through the entire thread, I just gave you the last page)

It must be one of those in there, I'm sure we covered them all.

Pretty sure the driver comes with the application

Anyway, it must not have errors in Device Manager that's No.1 and that's those drivers

Just download them all !!!

When I go into Device Manager, it was a yellow question mark where it says "CIF Single Chip"
So you do know that you must right click on that CIF Single Chip device and then manually, browse to the extracted downloaded drivers, don't you?

ie Just downloading them doesn't actually do anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back