Sound Echoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

My SBLive Value started a "reverberating" sound about a week ago, at first I thought it was kinda cool cause it wasn't too bad. But now I'm annoyed by it and today opened up my sound control panel to check if there was some setting in there that somehow got changed, I didn't see one.
The last things that I installed were Unreal Tournament, and DVD2SVCD Software Bundle. But I haven't even started up the DVD2SVCD program - just installed it.
Think either of those would have changed something hidden from me? Any one know where a setting like that would be. And no I don't have LiveWare installed, just the default XP drivers.

Gad! XP problems everywhere I turn!

It's a known problem w/XP & Creative drivers. There's a post in audio where I referred Rick to some 3rd party drivers to help w/the problem. He says he installed them, but I never saw an update on how they worked for him.

Try this too: http://www.tweakersasylum.com/tapages.php?filnavn=Guides/ACPI/ACPIRedux/00000001.htm

Good luck w/Xp, Creative & VIA drivers. There are DVD problems w/XP too & I'll give you a link to M$ in awhile. Be prepared to do a lot of reading today, tomorrow , ... :rolleyes:

I'll be back,

Install the new creative drivers at http://asia.creative.com & in Audio HQ - EAX Control Panel, set the Environment to None.
Lower Hardware Acceleration for Sound a notch in dxdiag should also disable EAX though you'll get no 3D Audio in games either so the former would be preferred.

Alright guys I think I may have eliminated the problem (temporarly?). I did somethign I should have tried from the start.... RESTART THE THING [size=1]It had been on for over 5 days[/size]. I can't really tell if its fixed completely or not but its definately not as bad as it was if its still there at all.
If you guys think of any more brilliant ideas I'd like to know just incase the problem comes back in a couple days.

i just noticed today while playing counterstrike that everything is echoing as well, i have sblive value with xp drivers....

cabrone
thats Siege or all maps ?
If thats all maps then lol but if thats Siege and maps u play after siege then Muahaha. Its a nasty thing that once u play Siege the reverb stays for a map or 2 sometimes.

Originally posted by Vehementi
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and scientists have no idea why.

That post, and everything after it.

And I'm sure it was you Thomas, because you never let us have any fun! :giddy:
just kidding

I have fun on here all the time :D :bounce: :hotbounce .....and sometimes a little too much fun :puke:

I was also wondering what posts got deleted, thx veh

Originally posted by poertner_1274
:puke:

Can we get this taken care of? I remember having problems like this a while ago, but haven't used any smilies in a while. If it's something simple that would be cool, but if it isn't then maybe just get rid of it :grinthumb

I deleted the little of topic discussion about nothing inparticular.
Sorry.. but I read through it and found it completely pointless. Wasn't even funny or entertaining ;)

SNGX, is your problem completely fixed now? No re-occurence of the echoing sound?

Originally posted by poertner_1274
:puke:
That smiley is awful!
puke.gif

puke.gif
indeed. Good use of the code there, Mic.

I thought it was funny! I'm just spreading little tidbits of random knowledge here and there. And, since it did involve echoing sound, I thought it was appropriate :rolleyes:
IMHO, of course ;)

Maybe you should delete this too...

Originally posted by Arris
I deleted the little of topic discussion about nothing inparticular.
Sorry.. but I read through it and found it completely pointless. Wasn't even funny or entertaining ;)
Agreed.

SNGX, is your problem completely fixed now? No re-occurence of the echoing sound?
Yep fixed, it hasn't reoccured yet, seems something was wierd and the restart fixed it. Lucky I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back