No Notice Of Replies on Some Threads

Bobbye

There may be another place to put this but I couldn't find it. Recently I have not gotten email feedback regarding replies to some threads I've subscribed to. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed on my systems. This is in both Misc. Software & Utilities and Security boards.

In one case, I requested information from a poster. It was given two days ago but I did not receive any notice. And occasionally I have noticed threads on the boards where there have been as many as 3 replies to a thread but I did not receive any notice.

I am leaving this message on both boards.

Problem? Suggestions?

I`m not sure what the problem is, but check the following.

Click User profile at the top of any page and click Edit Options. Under Messaging & Notification, make sure the Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to Instant Email Notification. Save changes.

The only other thing I can think of is, maybe some TS emails are going into your spam folder.

Check your spam settings and make sure Techspot doesn`t appear in there.

Finally, I suppose it`s possible that your email provider is having problems, but that`s a long shot.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard- I had checked all this. Instant is set, no spam, no block. It is not consistent meaning I do receive most, but some have not gotten through. Had one person waiting for two day having done what I asked, but getting no reply from me because I wasn't advised of his post.

Edit for spelling

Well, there is some problem. In my mail this morning I received notice of a reply:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91699&goto=newpost

The message is "Sorry for this, but I needed an extra post to be able to post a link in my help thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.", from beta7

When I click on the link, it brings up this thread that I started about no notice of replies..

I did find the original thread started by beta7 with subject of Drive Cleaner popups and the thread # is 91699. I'm nit subscribed to that thread, so where did this feedback come from?

beta7 did post in this thread, but I deleted it as it wasn`t necessary.

So, no, you weren`t seeing things lol.

Regards Howard :)

I have also not been receiving email notification for some of my subscriptions I have flagged for "Instant Notification" lately.

Oops! Sorry, it was the Yahoo! Mail spam filter. I had been searching for "techspot" in my mailbox, but I forgot that search doesn't include the spam folder :eek: Thanks for the suggestion, Julio. Nevertheless, it's weird that Yahoo! just started labeling TechSpot mail as spam all of a sudden.

VvWolverinevV said:
I have also not been receiving email notification for some of my subscriptions I have flagged for "Instant Notification" lately.

VvWolverinevV said:
Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix this?

I see this happening occasionally but no particular pattern. and sometimes when I go back to a thread because I got feedback with a reply, I see other replies on that same thread that I 'didn't' get notification of. I do wonder why some get through and others don't.

Sorry I can't help with a fix 'cause' mine doesn't work sometimes either!

Bobbye, the notification system is not designed to notify you of multiple new replies before you visit the thread again. Each immediate notification contains the line:
There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Thank you for pointing that out! I guess I've just glassed over it, not really paying attention to what it meant!

Back