new install = BSOD, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boaby

Hey guys,

Just built a new a pc and installed XP service pack 2. Once installed everything seems to be working fine. However when I install zonealarm I get BSOD consistently. The blue screens occur whenever the True Vector client tries to start up but I think its more of a hardware issue than anything else.

First time it happened was directly after zonealarm setup completes. It asks to start true vector client and immediately I get the bluescreen. I press reset and when windows reloads zonealarm is set to startup automatically and when the taskbar begins to fill up again I get the bluescreen. For the time being, I uninstalled ZA by going into safe mode which has solved the problem for now except for when I try and install a few other programs.

Initially I was using two sticks of ram in dual mode and I was getting the 0x0000008E message. Now just using one stick and switching between the two in different slots I consistently get the 0x00000050 message.

This is really frustating as this is my first build and I think I might have some faulty hardware but am finding hard to diagnose which component. And if I do have some faulty component(s) I need to find out soon which one is causing it so I can arrange an RMA and get it replaced.

I've checked my hd's with seatools and my ram with memtest & windows-memory-diagnostic: both came up clear but im convinved its still a hardware issue. I've also tried two different versions of XP as well.

The reason I came here is that I've seen people have been able to solve their problems by posting their minidump files. I've attached a zip with four dumps and a txt file containing some logs from the event viewer.

If anyone could please help it would Much Appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

I don`t think it`s a hardware problem. More likely a compatibility issue with your system,and Zone Alarm. A friend of mine recently had exactly the same problem with Zone Alarm.

Download the free Sygate firewall from HERE.

Now disconnect from the internet, and uninstall Zone alarm, and restart your computer.

Install the Sygate firewall and re-connect to the net.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back