iTunes install problem: "Error 2330 ... C:\...\iTunes.Resources\en.lproj" Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reinstalling iTunes because of a message I get when opening it to the effect of "iTunes cannot run because some required files are missing. Please install iTunes" or something like that. I figured if iTunes is corrupted, I should uninstall the existing version before reinstalling so I tried going to the "Windows Add/Remove Programs" to remove it. iTunes wasn't in this list so I then tried going into my Hard Drive where iTunes was located to try to find an uninstaller there, but there wasn't one.

I gave up on the uninstall and figured I would just give the reinstall a chance. I've tried the iTunes download directly from apple.com and also the install from the CD you get with an ipod. Both ways work well for the majority of the install, but then towards the end, I always get this message:

"Internal error 2330. 1117, C:\ProgramFiles\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\en.lproj"

What does this mean? How do I fix it? Thanks for your help.

yea me too. pls urgent help needed!! i hate listening to the same songs everyday.. T.T can someone pls help? i tried reformatting the disk according to the computer but it still didn't work. help.! T_T

Try this; go HERE and download and install CC cleaner. Start the program.
Click Tools then Uninstall, scroll down to Itunes and clickRun Uninstaller (on the right). Once that is finished click Issues (on the left) then Scan for Issues then Fix Selected Issues and fix all issues found. Restart the computer and reinstall Itunes.

cotoews said:
I always get this message:

"Internal error 2330. 1117, C:\ProgramFiles\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\en.lproj"

What does this mean? How do I fix it?
iTunes\iTunes.Resources is the directory that contains the language specific files which are (for English)
  1. iPodSettings.nib
  2. iPod help.chm
  3. iTunes Help.chm
  4. iTunesLocalized.dll
  5. iTunesLocalized.qtr
  6. Localizable.strings

First, make sure you are installing as ADMIN
Second, attempt a REPAIR rather than a install

you might search for iTunesLocalized.qtr on the whole HD as they're
likely to be relocated elsewhere and you can copy the EN version where they
belong

problem installing itunes7

I just downloaded itunes 7 and keep trying to install it and it won't install. I keep getting error code 2330. I don't really care about having itunes 7, itunes 6 was working fine. The problem now id that when I plug my ipod in the ipod software is gone. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back