Status
Not open for further replies.

strac27

I Have Made a pc from scratch and its specs are:-
5.6Ghz Dual Core Processor
1Gb ddr Ram
500Gb Sata HDD
512Mb Ati Graphics card

And it shut downs randomly and when i play games it all ways shuts them down and tells me that there not responding and iv reboot 7 times and it just aint working please can you help me

And i am getting 2Gb ddr2 ram soon and throwing my 1Gb ddr1 ram away

And no matter what games i play it allways shuts them down and ive tried changing my graphics cards and taking out my hard drives and stuff but it just isnt keeping my games on and my graphics card is a Ati Radeon Sapphire X1600 Pro Agp

sorry but im new to this web site

check your power supply that could be the issue as it might be causing the computer to overheat and shut down. Are you seeing any Blue Screens of Death messages?

Hi strac27 and welcome to TechSpot :)

• your specs are very generic. they tell us very little about your specific system. when giving PC specs you should include all major components and list each one's brand and model.
  • there are no 5.6GHz processors available, so I assume that you're adding up the clockspeeds of two 2.8GHz cores. each core operates independently, so they do not equal the performance of a single 5.6GHz core. what you have is a "2.8GHz dual core processor"
  • an failing/insufficient power supply is a likely cause for random shutdowns. it doesn't matter if you've only had it for 10 days. what brand and model is your power supply? how many amps can it continuously provide on the +12v rail(s)?
  • have you checked your temps for your CPU, chipset, and video card? if they overheat they can shut your system down without warning
  • did you format your HDD and perform a "clean" installation of your operating system? if you simply swapped a HDD from another computer than even if it works, it often leads to serious stability problems in a new system.

:rolleyes:

i have a intel pentium d dual core 2.8ghz and my psu is 720w and thats all i know and iv formated my hard drives because i have 2 250Gb sata drives and my cpu is only at 30c and i have a display at the top of my case and it tells me the temps of my motherboard,cpu,graphics card,hard drives and they are all in the safe zone

Check your CPU temp in your bios..it could be auto shutting off if its overheating

1. before installing a video card, you should remove any existing video drivers. here is a nice guide on removing the old drivers.

2. not all BIOSes have an option to disable the onboard video. but there should be a BIOS video priority setting. make sure it is set to AGP (or PCI/AGP). This will make the motherboard look for an AGP video card first before using the onboard video. some motherboards/BIOSes will automatically give priority to an AGP card if one is installed.

in windows, goto system properties > hardware > device manager > display adapters and see which adapter is listed. if it doesn't show your X1600 then you know it's using the onboard video.

3. your temps may still be an issue. you say that your BIOS says your CPU is 43°C, but when you're in the BIOS, your CPU is idle. when playing a game your CPU and video card will heat up alot more than when it's idle.

also, you say that your case's temp display says 30°C, that's quite a difference from the 43°C that your BIOS reads. if the temp display has 4 temp readouts (CPU, MB, GFX, HDD) then there should be 4 thermocouples wired to the display. the CPU's thermocouple needs to be mounted underneath the heatsink as close the the CPU as possible. let it touch the CPU's heatspreader if possible, this will give the most accurate reading. if the thermocouple is mounted above or next to the heatsink then the fan will cool it down and give you a false low reading.

i know all that and thats not helping my pc is still restarting and shutting down my games and do you want me 2 post a pic of my motherboard in my case on so u get a better idea of what im doing and stuff and if i can look for anything on my pc i can if that will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back