Passmark PerformanceTest is an award winning PC hardware benchmark utility that allows everybody to quickly assess the performance of their computer and compare it to a number of standard 'baseline' computer systems. Find out if your PC is performing at its best, compare the performance of your machine to similar machines and make objective independent measurements on which to base your purchasing decision.
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking.
- Find out if your PC is performing at its best.
- Compare the performance of your machine to similar machines.
- Measure the effect of configuration changes and upgrades.
- Avoid paying big bucks for poor performance.
- Make objective independent measurements on which to base your purchasing decision.
- Use the advanced tests to create you own benchmark scenarios
Performance Test allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests then compare the results to other computers.
Twenty seven standard benchmark tests are available in seven test suites plus there are five advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
Standard test suites
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, MMX/SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
Advanced configurable tests
- Advanced Disk
- Advanced CD / DVD
- Advanced 3D graphics
- Advanced Networking* (for Ethernet, Internet and Wireless)
- Advanced Memory*
- Advanced Multi-tasking*
PassMark Rating and comparable baselines
In addition to the standard tests, there are 7 summary results plus the overall "PassMark Rating" result. The benchmark results are presented as easy to read bar charts so that you don't need to spend hours studying the number to know the result. Timing for the tests is done using high resolution timers, which are accurate to approximately 1 millionth of a second on most PC's.
A major advantage is the support for built-in baseline results which allows you to compare computer systems (a baseline is a standard set of results from another computer). These baseline results can be used to determine how fast your computer is in comparison with other computer systems.
The evaluation version of PerformanceTest contains the baseline results from seven different computer systems. After the software is purchased the user can access PassMark's database of baseline results where many other benchmark results can be downloaded.
- Comprehensive online help
- Supports hyper-threading, and multiple CPUs testing
- Detailed disk speed graphs
- Supports printing results
- The ability to save your benchmark results to disk as a new baseline
- A customizable "Notes" field for storing your own information along with the saved Benchmark result.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word)
- Export results to HTML, text, GIF, and BMP formats
- Single test execution, execution of a test suite or execution of all tests with a single mouse click.
- A summary 'Mark' figure for each test suite plus the calculation of the PassMark Rating figure.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- A summary system information screen including CPU type, CPU speed, Total RAM, Video Hardware, Cluster size, etc..
- The ability to compare the performance of your computer to multiple 'Baseline' computers at the one time.
The five advanced testing windows allow experienced users to create their own test scenarios and conduct an in-depth analysis of their hardware's behavior. Each advanced testing window allows the user to select from a number of parameters and when appropriate graph the results, export the results and measure the CPU load. By adjusting the input parameters is it possible to measure the optional performance under a variety of different scenarios.
Advanced disk testing
Test the speed of your disk using different file sizes, block sizes and caching options.
Advanced CD / DVD testing
Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive using different test durations, block sizes and caching options.
Advanced 3D testing
Test the speed of your 3D video card by selecting from options such as fogging, lighting, alpha blending, wire frame, texturing, resolution, color depth, object rotation and object displacement.
Advanced networking test
Measure the network speed between any two computers using TCP/IP. The network speed test can be conducted across a company LAN or across the Internet to determine the point to point throughput. Adjust parameters such as the host name, IP address, port number and block size. Works with dialup modems, ADSL, cable and LANs.
Advanced memory test
Measure the read and write speed of your RAM. Parameters include data size (8 bits to 32 bits) and a selection of two test modes. Linear sequential access across various block sizes or non sequential access with a varying step size. This allows both the effect of RAM caching and the optimizations in the memory controller to be investigated.
Advanced multitasking test
Run a series of standard benchmark tests in parallel to examine the performance under these conditions. Multiple processor machines should excel under this kind of environment, as the load is split between the various CPUs.
PerformanceTest V5 is now available in English, French, German and Japanese. Both the help file and the software itself have been fully translated.
- Added searching for online baselines for AMD Phenom and Intel Core 2 Extreme.
- Removed the restriction of only allowing a single instance of PerformanceTest to run at one time. This allows multiple Advanced Network tests to be run concurrently.
- Minor changes to license management.