SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software. Sandra is a (girl) name of Greek origin that means "defender", "helper of mankind". We think that's quite fitting.
It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCIe, ODBC Connections, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc.
Native Unicode ports for 32-bit Windows (2000/XP/2003/Vista), 64-bit & x64 Windows (XP/2003/Vista) as well as Windows CE (Pocket PC 2002/2003/2003SE, Smart Phone 2002/2003/2003SE, CE .Net 4.20) are available.
- Benchmark UI Change: Select Multi-Threading, Multi-Core, Single-Thread
While it was always possible in Sandra to disable hyper-threading (HT) to use only physical cores/modules or disable multi-core (MC) to use only sockets/packages or just 1 thread - by using Options - we decided to make it easier to use.
So now you can test either MT, MC, ST - which can be useful on processors that use Turbo/dynamic overclocking and can boost fewer threads to higher speeds.
You can also run on all APs (application processors) - but not the BSP (boot processor, aka thread 0) just in case the BSP causes AP threads to wait for it to finish and thus delay the completion of the test (even now there are some problematic systems).
Single-thread will use an AP not the BSP as generally the BSP is loaded with other tasks (e.g. interrupts).
Note Sandra uses its own scheduler - thus does not depend on Windows to schedule the threads on specific socket/core (and perhaps park the rest). NUMA is also fully supported and the right NUMA node will be selected as appropriate for the package/core the thread should run on.
General Sandra Information
Here are the version types, in line with industry standards:
- Sandra Lite (free for personal/educational use - no nag screens, time limit, etc.)
- Sandra Advanced (for OEMs)
- Sandra Professional (commercial)
- Sandra Engineer (commercially exploitabile)
- Sandra Enterprise (commercial)
- Sandra Legacy (home enthusiast)
List of SiSoftware Sandra Modules:
- System Summary
- Mainboard/Chipset/System Monitors Info
- CPU/BIOS Info
- APM & ACPI (Advanced Power Management) Info
- PCI(e), AGP, CardBus, PCMCIA bus and devices Info
- Video Information (monitor, card, video bios, caps, etc.)
- OpenGL Information
- DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput) Info
- Keyboard Info
- Mouse Info
- Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix) Info
- MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) Info
- Joystick Info
- Printers Info
- Windows Memory Info
- Windows Info
- Font (Raster, Vector, TrueType, OpenType) Information
- Modem/ISDN TA Information
- Network Information
- IP Network Information
- WinSock & Internet Security Information
- Drives Information (Removable Hard Disks, CD-ROM/DVD, RamDrives, etc.)
- Ports (Serial/Parallel) Info
- Remote Access Service Connections (Dial-Up, Internet)
- OLE objects/servers Info
- Processes (Tasks) & Threads Info
- Modules (DLL, DRV) Info
- Services & Device Drivers (SYS) Info
- SCSI Information
- ATA/ATAPI Information
- Data Sources Information
- CMOS/RTC Information
- Smart Card & SIM Card Information
- CPU Arithmetic Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- CPU Multi-Media Benchmark (including MMX, MMX Enh, 3DNow!, 3DNow! Enh, SSE(2)) (MP/MT support)
- File System (Removable, Hard Disks, Network, RamDrives) Benchmark
- Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark
- CD-ROM/DVD Benchmark
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Cache & Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Network/LAN Bandwidth Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Connection Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Peerage Benchmark
- Hardware Interrupts Usage
- DMA Channel Usage
- I/O Ports Usage
- Memory Range Usage
- Plug & Play Enumerator
- Hardware registry settings
- Environment settings
- Registered File Types
- Key Applications(web-browser, e-mail, news, anti-virus, firewall, etc.)
- Installed Applications
- Installed Programs
- Start Menu Applications
- On-disk Programs & Libraries
- Installed Web Packages(ActiveX, Java classes)
- System Event Logs
- Burn-in Wizard(test computer stability)
- Connect Wizard (connect to remote computers, PDAs, Smart Phones and other devices)
- Combined Performance Index Wizard (overall computer performance score)
- Create a Report Wizard (save, print, fax or e-mail in CIM (SMS/DMI), HTML, XML, RPT or TEXT format)
- Performance Tune-Up Wizard (tune-up computer)
- Environment Monitor Wizard (temperatures, voltages, fans, CPU power, cooling solution thermal resistance, etc.)
- WebUpdate Wizard for automatic version updating
Updated hardware support to including:
- Intel HEDT/Workstation/Server Skylake-X/Kabylake-X
- Intel Core next gen (Cofeelake?)
- AMD HEDT/Workstation/Server Threadripper
- Updated DDR4, NVMem (non-volatile), PMem (persistent) memory support
Updated CPU benchmarks including:
- Updated AVX512 benchmarks (Multi-Media, Hashing, Memory & Cache Bandwidth)
- Further benchmarks will be updated to AVX512 in due course upon toolchain update
- Fix: CPU Power Management Efficiency benchmark running with more than 16 threads.
- Fix: SGEMM AVX2/FMA running with non-power of 2 threads.
New fresh look
- Brand-new high-resolution icons for all modules and benchmarks at 256x256 pixels for all operating systems (including Windows 7) with Aero/transparency support for Windows 7 as well as future Windows 10/Neon!
Hardware support for AMD Ryzen architecture
- Benchmark modifications with respect to non-zero (0), non-constant value buffers (memory bandwidth, cache bandwidth, multi-core bandwidth, crypto bandwidth). While this is a departure from standard STREAM, I personally believe it is a good idea ensuring memory pages are distinct and thus preventing data compression and optimisation (read/write).
- This has resulted in lower scores depending on the hardware so watch out for that.
- CPU Multi-Core: Matching option "best match aka lowest latency" and "worst match aka highest latency" to select thread pairs within same CCX or across CCXesin order to measure inter-CCX bandwidth and latency.
- Reporting of latency measurement of each combination of thread pairs (same core, same CCX, across CCX).
- CPU Crypto SHA HWA hashing is supported on AMD Ryzen.
More AVX512 code-paths for future arch
- CPU Crypto hashing (SHA2-512, SHA2-256, SHA1) multi-buffer
- Memory and Cache bandwidth AVX512 both 256-bit and 512-bit transfers (depending on hardware).
- Transition to newest VC++ 2017 with preliminary support for AVX512 across benchmarks.
GPGPU Cuda 8.x SDK support
- Support and optimisation for Pascal arch.
CPU Image Processing and GPGPU Image Processing enhancements
- Wide Colour (10-bit bits-per-channel/30-bit total) image support
- Half Float (16-bit float) processing in addition to normal 32-bit float processing. (for 8-bit bbc it is sufficient)
Maintained System benchmark: Overall Score 2016/Platinum
- As we've added just about all the benchmarks we can without running for hours, we are keeping the Overall Score unchanged for this release. We are planning to change it for the next major version.
Sandra 2016future Service Pack
- All the fixes in Sandra Platnium/2017 will be back-ported to a future service pack for Sandra 2016.