As featured in:
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software. Sandra is a (girl) name of Greek origin that means "defender", "helper of mankind". We think that's quite fitting.
It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCIe, ODBC Connections, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc.
Native Unicode ports for 32-bit Windows (2000/XP/2003/Vista), 64-bit & x64 Windows (XP/2003/Vista) as well as Windows CE (Pocket PC 2002/2003/2003SE, Smart Phone 2002/2003/2003SE, CE .Net 4.20) are available.
- Benchmark UI Change: Select Multi-Threading, Multi-Core, Single-Thread
While it was always possible in Sandra to disable hyper-threading (HT) to use only physical cores/modules or disable multi-core (MC) to use only sockets/packages or just 1 thread - by using Options - we decided to make it easier to use.
So now you can test either MT, MC, ST - which can be useful on processors that use Turbo/dynamic overclocking and can boost fewer threads to higher speeds.
You can also run on all APs (application processors) - but not the BSP (boot processor, aka thread 0) just in case the BSP causes AP threads to wait for it to finish and thus delay the completion of the test (even now there are some problematic systems).
Single-thread will use an AP not the BSP as generally the BSP is loaded with other tasks (e.g. interrupts).
Note: Sandra uses its own scheduler - thus does not depend on Windows to schedule the threads on specific socket/core (and perhaps park the rest). NUMA is also fully supported and the right NUMA node will be selected as appropriate for the package/core the thread should run on.
General Sandra Information
Here are the version types, in line with industry standards:
- Sandra Lite (free for personal/educational use - no nag screens, time limit, etc.)
- Sandra Advanced (for OEMs)
- Sandra Professional (commercial)
- Sandra Engineer (commercially exploitabile)
- Sandra Enterprise (commercial)
- Sandra Legacy (home enthusiast)
List of SiSoftware Sandra Modules:
- System Summary
- Mainboard/Chipset/System Monitors Info
- CPU/BIOS Info
- APM & ACPI (Advanced Power Management) Info
- PCI(e), AGP, CardBus, PCMCIA bus and devices Info
- Video Information (monitor, card, video bios, caps, etc.)
- OpenGL Information
- DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput) Info
- Keyboard Info
- Mouse Info
- Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix) Info
- MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) Info
- Joystick Info
- Printers Info
- Windows Memory Info
- Windows Info
- Font (Raster, Vector, TrueType, OpenType) Information
- Modem/ISDN TA Information
- Network Information
- IP Network Information
- WinSock & Internet Security Information
- Drives Information (Removable Hard Disks, CD-ROM/DVD, RamDrives, etc.)
- Ports (Serial/Parallel) Info
- Remote Access Service Connections (Dial-Up, Internet)
- OLE objects/servers Info
- Processes (Tasks) & Threads Info
- Modules (DLL, DRV) Info
- Services & Device Drivers (SYS) Info
- SCSI Information
- ATA/ATAPI Information
- Data Sources Information
- CMOS/RTC Information
- Smart Card & SIM Card Information
- CPU Arithmetic Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- CPU Multi-Media Benchmark (including MMX, MMX Enh, 3DNow!, 3DNow! Enh, SSE(2)) (MP/MT support)
- File System (Removable, Hard Disks, Network, RamDrives) Benchmark
- Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark
- CD-ROM/DVD Benchmark
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Cache & Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Network/LAN Bandwidth Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Connection Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Peerage Benchmark
- Hardware Interrupts Usage
- DMA Channel Usage
- I/O Ports Usage
- Memory Range Usage
- Plug & Play Enumerator
- Hardware registry settings
- Environment settings
- Registered File Types
- Key Applications(web-browser, e-mail, news, anti-virus, firewall, etc.)
- Installed Applications
- Installed Programs
- Start Menu Applications
- On-disk Programs & Libraries
- Installed Web Packages(ActiveX, Java classes)
- System Event Logs
- Burn-in Wizard(test computer stability)
- Connect Wizard (connect to remote computers, PDAs, Smart Phones and other devices)
- Combined Performance Index Wizard (overall computer performance score)
- Create a Report Wizard (save, print, fax or e-mail in CIM (SMS/DMI), HTML, XML, RPT or TEXT format)
- Performance Tune-Up Wizard (tune-up computer)
- Environment Monitor Wizard (temperatures, voltages, fans, CPU power, cooling solution thermal resistance, etc.)
- WebUpdate Wizard for automatic version updating
Benchmark Support, Updates & Fixes
- Multi-Core Efficiency Benchmark: renamed to “Inter-Thread Efficiency” Benchmark as it now measures and displays inter-thread/core/module (CCX)/node (die)/pakage (socket) thread latencies.
- Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: enabled 512-bit/AVX512 inter-thread transfers for higher bandwidth utilisation.
- Inter-Thread Efficiency Benchmark: reduce latency reported to just one of the
- All CPU Benchmarks: expanded CPU microcode version from 2 digits to 8 digits (i.e. MC-
- All GP-GPU Benchmarks: latest nVidia run-time (v456+ CUDA/OpenCL) now includes company name in device name which results in duplicated company name (e.g. “nVidia NVIDIA 2080Ti“) that is pretty ugly.
Please see our article Processor Multi-Core Efficiency: Inter-Thread Latency & Bandwidth Benchmarking for an in-depth look at the benchmark and an example of its results from a modern processor.
Hardware Support, Updates & Fixes
- All Benchmarks: initial fix scheduler that fails to detect additional modules/CCXes on AMD Ryzen 3000-series. Please contact us if you have such a processor and can help with troubleshooting. [Note that Ryzen Series 1000, 2000 & 5000 are *not* affected]
- All Benchmarks: initial fixes for detection that fails to detect TDP/other power values on AMD Mobile Ryzen all series. Please contact us if you have such a processor and can help with troubleshooting.
Additional Support, Updates & Fixes
- Branding update: all brand images have re-done in high resolution for modern displays.
- Benchmark Ranker: server has been replaced with a newer/faster server with the latest HTTP updates (HTTP2, BR(otli), etc.)
- Benchmark Ranker: larger number of reference benchmark results (150/300 from 15/100) downloaded thanks to server update.
- All websites: Cloudflare CDN to reduce client load times and support times of high load that would overwhelm the Ranker servers and cause DOS.
Previous release notes:
Additional Future Hardware Support (R14x)
- R14e/g Optimisations for AMD Ryzen 5000-series
- R14c Resolves crashes on older AMD systems (Kabini, etc.)
- R14b Resolves issues on future Intel Rocketlake/Alderlake systems.
- R14a Resolves issues on older Intel Haswell/Broadwell systems.
Additional Support (R14)
- Preliminary Intel Alderlake (ADL-S/P/M) support; optimised RocketLake (RKL-S/U) support
- Preliminary Intel PCH series 500, 600 support
- Preliminary AMD Ryzen (Zen3 Mobile) support; optimised Zen3 (series 5000) support
- Preliminary Zhaoxin/Centaur KX-5000, KX-6000, KX+ support
- Preliminary Hygon/AMD (Ryzen-like) support
- Resolved CPU speed detection for some Atom "Goldmont" SoCs
- Preliminary big/LITTLE hybrid system workload optimisation*
- Select only "big", only "LITTLE" or "All" cores to benchmark
CPU Crypto Benchmark:
- AES HWA acceleration not used when available. [30.81 fix]
- VAES / AVX2 HWA acceleration may not be used on AMD Zen3. [30.85 fix]
- Intel TigerLake (TGL) memory details system crash (blue screen).
- Intel TigerLake (TGL) video/GP details system crash (blue screen).
- Updated AMD video detection support.
- Microsoft Storage Spaces (Direct) storage pools support.
- Micron NVMe SSD detection.
Broad Operating System Support
- All current versions supported: Windows 10, 8.1*, 8*, 7*; Server 2019, 2016, 2012/R2 and 2008/R2
- Brand new AI/ML benchmarks featuring both CNN & RNN networks testing both inference/forward and training/back-propagation performance.
Processor Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (single/FP32, double/FP64 floating-point) and instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE4, SSE2, RTM/HLE with NUMA and large-page support)
- Ranker: Processor Neural Networks (Normal/Single Precision)
- Ranker: Processor Neural Networks (High/Double Precision)
GP (GPU) Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (half/FP16, single/FP32 floating-point) and platforms (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX Compute)
CNN (Convolution Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the CNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the RNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
- All connections to website engines (Ranker, Information, Price) are now secured by SSL through HTTP.
- Sandra client (management console) is now installed as native 64-bit (on x64 and arm64) and thus needs 64-bit Access components (2016, 2013, 2010, etc.) or SQL Server (2017, 2016, 2014, etc) for its database.
Key features of Sandra 20/20:
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64, ARM64** – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL 2.1+, CUDA 10.1+, DirectX Compute Shader 11/10+, OpenGL Compute 4.5+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 11.x/10.x, OpenGL 4.0+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
Software similar to SiSoftware Sandra Lite 39
CPU-Z is a freeware detection program base on the Panopsys hardware detection engine.
Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information.
Comprehensive hardware analysis, monitoring and reporting for Windows and DOS. Completely free.
More similar downloads