As featured in:
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software. Sandra is a (girl) name of Greek origin that means "defender", "helper of mankind". We think that's quite fitting.
It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCIe, ODBC Connections, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc.
Native Unicode ports for 32-bit Windows (2000/XP/2003/Vista), 64-bit & x64 Windows (XP/2003/Vista) as well as Windows CE (Pocket PC 2002/2003/2003SE, Smart Phone 2002/2003/2003SE, CE .Net 4.20) are available.
- Benchmark UI Change: Select Multi-Threading, Multi-Core, Single-Thread
While it was always possible in Sandra to disable hyper-threading (HT) to use only physical cores/modules or disable multi-core (MC) to use only sockets/packages or just 1 thread - by using Options - we decided to make it easier to use.
So now you can test either MT, MC, ST - which can be useful on processors that use Turbo/dynamic overclocking and can boost fewer threads to higher speeds.
You can also run on all APs (application processors) - but not the BSP (boot processor, aka thread 0) just in case the BSP causes AP threads to wait for it to finish and thus delay the completion of the test (even now there are some problematic systems).
Single-thread will use an AP not the BSP as generally the BSP is loaded with other tasks (e.g. interrupts).
Note: Sandra uses its own scheduler - thus does not depend on Windows to schedule the threads on specific socket/core (and perhaps park the rest). NUMA is also fully supported and the right NUMA node will be selected as appropriate for the package/core the thread should run on.
General Sandra Information
Here are the version types, in line with industry standards:
- Sandra Lite (free for personal/educational use - no nag screens, time limit, etc.)
- Sandra Advanced (for OEMs)
- Sandra Professional (commercial)
- Sandra Engineer (commercially exploitabile)
- Sandra Enterprise (commercial)
- Sandra Legacy (home enthusiast)
List of SiSoftware Sandra Modules:
- System Summary
- Mainboard/Chipset/System Monitors Info
- CPU/BIOS Info
- APM & ACPI (Advanced Power Management) Info
- PCI(e), AGP, CardBus, PCMCIA bus and devices Info
- Video Information (monitor, card, video bios, caps, etc.)
- OpenGL Information
- DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput) Info
- Keyboard Info
- Mouse Info
- Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix) Info
- MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) Info
- Joystick Info
- Printers Info
- Windows Memory Info
- Windows Info
- Font (Raster, Vector, TrueType, OpenType) Information
- Modem/ISDN TA Information
- Network Information
- IP Network Information
- WinSock & Internet Security Information
- Drives Information (Removable Hard Disks, CD-ROM/DVD, RamDrives, etc.)
- Ports (Serial/Parallel) Info
- Remote Access Service Connections (Dial-Up, Internet)
- OLE objects/servers Info
- Processes (Tasks) & Threads Info
- Modules (DLL, DRV) Info
- Services & Device Drivers (SYS) Info
- SCSI Information
- ATA/ATAPI Information
- Data Sources Information
- CMOS/RTC Information
- Smart Card & SIM Card Information
- CPU Arithmetic Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- CPU Multi-Media Benchmark (including MMX, MMX Enh, 3DNow!, 3DNow! Enh, SSE(2)) (MP/MT support)
- File System (Removable, Hard Disks, Network, RamDrives) Benchmark
- Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark
- CD-ROM/DVD Benchmark
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Cache & Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Network/LAN Bandwidth Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Connection Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Peerage Benchmark
- Hardware Interrupts Usage
- DMA Channel Usage
- I/O Ports Usage
- Memory Range Usage
- Plug & Play Enumerator
- Hardware registry settings
- Environment settings
- Registered File Types
- Key Applications(web-browser, e-mail, news, anti-virus, firewall, etc.)
- Installed Applications
- Installed Programs
- Start Menu Applications
- On-disk Programs & Libraries
- Installed Web Packages(ActiveX, Java classes)
- System Event Logs
- Burn-in Wizard(test computer stability)
- Connect Wizard (connect to remote computers, PDAs, Smart Phones and other devices)
- Combined Performance Index Wizard (overall computer performance score)
- Create a Report Wizard (save, print, fax or e-mail in CIM (SMS/DMI), HTML, XML, RPT or TEXT format)
- Performance Tune-Up Wizard (tune-up computer)
- Environment Monitor Wizard (temperatures, voltages, fans, CPU power, cooling solution thermal resistance, etc.)
- WebUpdate Wizard for automatic version updating
Updates & Optimisations
- CPU Benchmarks: AMD Ryzen 4000 series (APU) preliminary support.
- GPGPU (CUDA/OpenCL) Benchmarks: nVidia Ampere preliminary support.
- Database: Optimise performance when accessing/updating benchmark results.
- Branding (Benchmarks/Ranker): Updated manufacturer list.
Support & Fixes
- Internet Benchmarks: Fix websites access failure due to obsolete agent string.
- Disk Benchmarks: Fix crash on badly fragmented media (HDD/SSD).
- Database: Fix update/insert issues with specific benchmark results.
- New: Internet DNS Benchmark: measure cached & un-cached DNS query latency for local and public DNS servers.
Benchmark the performance of the DNS service. Measure the latency of both cached and un-cached DNS queries to local and remote DNS servers.
- New: Internet Overall Score: using the existing Internet benchmarks (Connection, Peerage and brand-new DNS), compute an overall score denoting the Internet connection quality.
A combined performance index all Internet benchmarks (Connection (Bandwidth/Latency), Peerage (Bandwidth/Latency) and DNS (cached/un-cached Query Latency). Rate the overall performance of your Internet connection.
- Internet Connection, Internet Peerage Benchmarks: updated list of top (300) websites to test against; additional multi-threading optimisations
- Additional future hardware support and optimisations.
- Additional CPU features support
- Various stability and reliability improvements
We are pleased to announce the launch of SiSoftware Sandra 20/20 (2020), the latest version of our award-winning utility, which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, mobile devices and networks.
It adds two Neural Networks AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) benchmarks for both CPU and GP (GPU) to measure both CNN (Convolution Neural Network) & RNN (Recurrent Neural Networks) performance on modern hardware.
It also adds hardware support and optimisations for brand-new CPU architectures (AMD Ryzen 2 (3000 series); Intel IceLake, CometLake) not forgetting GPGPU architectures across the various interfaces (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX ComputeShader, OpenGL Compute).
As SiSoftware operates a “just-in-time” release cycle, some features were introduced in Sandra 2017 service packs: in Sandra Titanium they have been updated and enhanced based on all the feedback received.
Broad Operating System Support
All current versions supported: Windows 10, 8.1*, 8*, 7*; Server 2019, 2016, 2012/R2 and 2008/R2
Brand new AI/ML benchmarks featuring both CNN & RNN networks testing both inference/forward and training/back-propagation performance.
Processor Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (single/FP32, double/FP64 floating-point) and instruction sets (AVX512, AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE4, SSE2, RTM/HLE with NUMA and large-page support)
- Ranker: Processor Neural Networks (Normal/Single Precision)
- Ranker: Processor Neural Networks (High/Double Precision)
GP (GPU) Neural Networks (AI/ML)
A combined performance index of CNN (inference/forward & training) & RNN (inference/forward & training) for all precisions (half/FP16, single/FP32 floating-point) and platforms (CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX Compute)
CNN (Convolution Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the CNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) Architecture
Detailed document on the RNN architecture, data-sets and results that underpin our choices for the new benchmarks.
- All connections to website engines (Ranker, Information, Price) are now secured by SSL through HTTP.
- Sandra client (management console) is now installed as native 64-bit (on x64 and arm64) and thus needs 64-bit Access components (2016, 2013, 2010, etc.) or SQL Server (2017, 2016, 2014, etc) for its database.
Key features of Sandra 20/20:
- 4 native architectures support (x86, x64, ARM64** – Windows; ARM, ARM64, x86, x64 – Android)
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
- 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL 2.1+, CUDA 10.1+, DirectX Compute Shader 11/10+, OpenGL Compute 4.5+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 11.x/10.x, OpenGL 4.0+, Vulkan 1.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
Software similar to SiSoftware Sandra Lite 4
Speccy is an advanced System Information tool for your PC.
PCMark is designed to test the performance of all types of PC, from tablets to desktops.
PCMark 10 is the latest in our series of industry standard PC benchmarks. Updated for Windows 10 with new and improved workloads, PCMark 10 is also faster and easier to use.