- Say more with photos and emoji.
- See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
- Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
- Message friends anytime, even if they're not connected right now.
- Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
More Hangouts awesomeness:
- Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
- Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
- See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
- View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
- Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
- Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support "invisible" status.
- Fixes for MMS sending/receiving
- You can turn off group messaging (MMS) in Settings to send SMS to multiple people
- SMS & MMS (Android 4.0+): Send/receive text messages with Hangouts! You can import your existing messages, quickly switch between SMS and Hangouts, and start group MMS conversations
- Animated GIFs: send animated GIFs, cute kittens and all
- Location: share a location in your conversations
- Device, in-call, mood status: share what device you’re on, whether you’re on a call, or your current mood
Software that can be used as an alternative to Google Hangout for Android: