Situation: Another document in the Symantec knowledge base or a Symantec Technical Support technician sent you here.
Solution: SymNRT is a program that can remove some Norton software from your computer. SymNRT runs on Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
SymNRT should be used only if you have tried to uninstall the Norton program using Windows Add/Remove Programs and that did not work.
Will SymNRT work for you?
Norton Removal Tool will remove these--and only these--Norton programs:
- Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005
- Norton AntiVirus 2003 through 2008
- Ghost 2003, Ghost Version 9.0 and 10.0
- Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
- Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2008
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
- Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2007
- Norton Confidential Online 2007
- Norton Internet Security Add-on Pack 1.0 - 2.0
- Norton Save and Restore 1.0 through 2.0
- Norton 360 1.0 through 1.3
If your program is not in this list, do not use SymNRT. It will not remove your program. If you need help with removing programs not in this list, go to the Technical Information section near the bottom of this page.