TunnelBear is the world’s easiest to use consumer VPN software that securely “tunnels” your internet connection to locations around the world. TunnelBear can be used to protect your privacy, to bypass internet censorship and to experience the internet as people in other countries experience it.
Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
Experience the Internet as if you’re in another country
A TunnelBear can “tunnel” you around censorship and blocked sites to another country of your choosing.
Zap creepy trackers
Block the website trackers (ads, analytics, scripts, social buttons) that track everything you and your family do online.
A TunnelBear is really, really simple
On. Off. On. Off. You get the idea.
Download a free TunnelBear today and enjoy an open and unrestricted Internet.
How does TunnelBear work?
TunnelBear hides your location using a virtual private network, or VPN for short. We’ll try to explain what exactly that is without all the technonerd vocabulary.
When you use the internet, each time you click on a link to open a new page, you send a signal to the website you’re accessing saying something like “hey, show me the page where I can watch that cool new video”. In internet terms, this is called a request.
Each of these requests contains a unique identification number called an “IP address”, which is basically your online mailing address when you’re connected. It’s used to say to the internet “hey, this request came from here, send any pages I request to this address”.
Your address will be unique to the internet connection you’re using so it’s different when you’re at the coffee shop versus at home. However, because this request contains your location, websites are able to find out where you’re located and block you from accessing certain information.
- Windows version updated to 184.108.40.206
- Completely rebuilt VigilantBear is more responsive, friendlier to local networks, and no longer reliant on Windows Firewall
- Shiny new icon sits nicely with RememBear
- Improved Report feature to help track lost bears
- Improved reliability when switching networks
- Fixed issue with the menu bar overlapping Mini Mode
- Fixed issues with IKEv2 tunnels to make them more stable
- Mac version updated to 3.5.1
- Removed legacy Apple Bypass feature as it’s no longer required for Apple traffic
- Further locked down our Vigilant feature to handle less common disconnection scenarios
- Fixed DNS bug caused by multiple network adapters
- 33% more determined Bears
Apps similar to TunnelBear 6
Through a Free VPN Proxy Hotspot Shield ensures you are private, secure, and anonymous online... 100% free.
OpenVPN is an open source VPN daemon.
With CyberGhost VPN, you launch both a browser session and a VPN connection, in 1 click. Your whole online journey can be anonymized, if you start it in CyberGhost.