TunnelBear is the world’s easiest to use consumer VPN software that securely “tunnels” your internet connection to locations around the world. TunnelBear can be used to protect your privacy, to bypass internet censorship and to experience the internet as people in other countries experience it.
Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
Experience the Internet as if you’re in another country
A TunnelBear can “tunnel” you around censorship and blocked sites to another country of your choosing.
Zap creepy trackers
Block the website trackers (ads, analytics, scripts, social buttons) that track everything you and your family do online.
A TunnelBear is really, really simple
On. Off. On. Off. You get the idea.
Download a free TunnelBear today and enjoy an open and unrestricted Internet.
How does TunnelBear work?
TunnelBear hides your location using a virtual private network, or VPN for short. We’ll try to explain what exactly that is without all the technonerd vocabulary.
When you use the internet, each time you click on a link to open a new page, you send a signal to the website you’re accessing saying something like “hey, show me the page where I can watch that cool new video”. In internet terms, this is called a request.
Each of these requests contains a unique identification number called an “IP address”, which is basically your online mailing address when you’re connected. It’s used to say to the internet “hey, this request came from here, send any pages I request to this address”.
Your address will be unique to the internet connection you’re using so it’s different when you’re at the coffee shop versus at home. However, because this request contains your location, websites are able to find out where you’re located and block you from accessing certain information.
Windows updated to 3.7.8
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused TunnelBear to fail to launch after updating Windows
- 4.2% more Bears
- Approved copy
- Ate a bug that stopped some Bears from connecting properly after TCP override was enabled
- Ate a bug that made it hard for some Bears to recognize their trusted networks and start tunneling anyway
- 12.4928% more Bears
- Fixed an issue where your Bear might lose track of your internet connection if connected using Wi-Fi and Ethernet at the same time.
- Fixed an issue with new Wi-Fi network names weren’t displayed in Trusted Network settings
- Security enhancements.
Mac version updated to 3.8.6
- Updating to latest version of OpenVPN made your Bear's teeth and claws even stronger!
- Fixed a crash when switching accounts
Apps similar to TunnelBear 8
Through a Free VPN Proxy Hotspot Shield ensures you are private, secure, and anonymous online... 100% free.
With CyberGhost VPN, you launch both a browser session and a VPN connection, in 1 click. Your whole online journey can be anonymized, if you start it in CyberGhost.
OpenVPN is an open source VPN daemon.