Cyberduck is an open source SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) and FTP browser licenced under the GPL.
Cyberduck has an easy to use interface, integration with external editors and support for many Mac OS X system technologies such as Spotlight, Bonjour, the Keychain and AppleScript.
Localizations are available in English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Slovak, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Russian, Swedish, Danish, Polish, Indonesian, Catalan, Welsh, Thai, Turkish and Hebrew.
It has been built from the ground up with usability in mind, having the same consistent graphical user interface for both SFTP and FTP browsing.
Multiple connections are supported. Drag and drop is supported consequently for transferring files between server and client.
A transfer queue keeps track of the pending file transfers and supports resuming of both downloads and uploads. Local files can be synchronized with files on the server. System technologies such as the Keychain, Rendezvous and AppleScript are supported.
Cyberduck integrates seamlessly with external editors such as SubEthaEdit, BBEdit, TextMate and others.
- User friendly interface!
- Open multiple simultaneous connections
- Document based interface
- Support for various encodings (Screenshot)
- Live filtering of directory listings
- Caching folder listings
- Move files (Screenshot)
- Copy & paste files
- Create new files
- Rename files
- Delete files
- Show hidden files
- Allow the selection of files in the browser by typing the filename.
- [Localize] Arabic Localization
- [Feature] Retina resolution support (#6760)
- [Feature] Notification center support (10.8) (#6792)
- [Feature] Gatekeeper support (10.8) (#6888)
- [Feature] Application Sandboxing enabled (10.7)
- [Feature] Bucket location in South America (Sao Paulo) Region (S3)
- [Feature] Bucket location in Asia Pacific (Sydney) Region (S3)
- [Feature] One click setup for analytics with Qloudstat (S3, CloudFront, Cloudfiles, Google Storage)
- [Feature] Multi-Object Delete (S3)
- [Feature] Interoperability with HP Cloud (Openstack)
- [Feature] Interoperability with Lunacloud Storage (S3)
- [Feature] Website Configuration (Google Storage)
- [Feature] Website Configuration (Cloudfiles)
- [Feature] Edit container metadata (Cloudfiles)
- [Feature] Reuse Session key on data connection (FTP/TLS) (#5087)
- [Bugfix] Hangs editing file in external editor (10.8.2) (#6878)
- [Bugfix] Moving folders deletes the folder (Cloudfiles) (#6442)
- [Bugfix] Copy folder from server to server (#6440)
- [Bugfix] Duplicate folder (#6495)
- [Bugfix] Interoperability with latest API (CloudFront)
- [Bugfix] Crash in Rendezvous resolver (#6814)
- [Bugfix] Java optional install required (App Store) (#6090)
- [Bugfix] Changes in editor not uploaded when choosing save on close (#6590)
- [Bugfix] Versioning for directory placeholders (S3) (#5748)
- [Bugfix] Duplicating file does not retain permissions (#6525)
- [Bugfix] SSL hostname verification on HTTP redirects
- [Remove] Dropped support Azure Blob Storage connections (Azure)
- [Remove] Dropped support Dropbox connections (Dropbox)
- [Remove] Dropped support Google Drive connections (Google Docs)