PCMesh Internet Cleanup 4.1
Utility to erase your Internet tracks. View and delete index.dat files securely.
PCMesh Internet Cleanup is a multiple award-winning utility to delete your Internet tracks. All your Internet traces are logged to index.dat files and deleting Cache, Cookies and History does not delete index.dat files. PCMesh Internet Cleanup deletes index.dat files. Furthermore PCMesh Internet Cleanup removes auto complete web forms (user names, passwords, etc.), typed URLs and Internet Explorer plugins. View MS Internet Explorer index.dat files (Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History) in ASCII and HEX formats (Pro version only). Delete MS Internet Explorer index.dat files including Internet Cookies including Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History. Remove MS Internet Explorer typed URLs, webforms (typed credit card number, passwords, etc.) and plugins. View and delete Mozilla cache, cookies and history. Clear Mozilla web forms (typed credit card number, passwords, etc.) and typed URLs. Delete Java cache and other temporary files. Clear the MRU (Most Recently Used) files list. Clear Windows pagefile (swapfile). Remove old prefetch files. Empty Recycle Bin. Remove Windows Run history. Remove Windows Search history. Delete the contents of Windows Temp folder. Clear UserAssist area.
- Search history of Google toolbar.
- Windows Media Player file history.
- A complete new interface which can be switched between basic (for novice users) and full interface (for advanced users).
- Custom cleanup added. Now users can search files with extensions and file names (wild cards are supported) and delete them.
- File shredding (overwriting files a number of times before deletion for security purposes) added.
- Clearing of UserAssist, which is another user activity logging system, added.
- Product update check added.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.