TwistedBrush Open Studio 17.27
TwistedBrush is a software that helps you paint and draw with completely natural art tools.
TwistedBrush - digital paint software with complete natural art tools. Software for artists without the complexity of other art programs. Compare us to the other "natural media" art programs.
Fine Artist Tools:
Oil paint feels thick with color.
Airbrushes feather their spray the further they are from the page.
A variety of blenders range from dry dust to wet to semi dry smudging.
Chalk and charcoal are...well...chalky.
Oil pastels mix and smear.
Soft pastels cover the page with texture and feel nice and dusty.
Oils paints with individual brush hairs that blend into the wet paint on the canvas.
The list goes on with, pencils, pens, crayons, felt markers and a collection of unusual tools.
Easy to use:
Your work is saved automatically when you turn the page or change books.
User interface designed with natural usage progression.
Preset system makes working on a piece streamlined.
Art should be a fun and creative activity. Pixarra TwistedBrsh puts the fun back in using electronic paint programs.
Incredible brush effects:
Use the random brush generation feature to create an unlimited number of brushes, from subtle to completely wild. Or manually create a brush with multiple levels of brush effects that act like a graphic synthesiser.
Over 50 filters to quickly enhance your original artwork of photos.
A full cloning ArtSet with 60 brushes to turn any photo into a work of art.
100's of preset brushes grouped into ArtSets covering traditional media such as pastels or colored pencils, specialized tools like masking, themes like the Landscape or SpaceScape ArtSets or one of the other ArtSets covering a huge range of different brushes.
TwistedBrush is easy to use, but the powerful tools are there for those inclined. Tools such as layers, masks, brush creation, scripting etc.
- Performance: Pixarra's attention to performance is a top priority. As an artist draws and paints the tools should disappear from thought and allow focus on the creative process rather than waiting for the tool to finish its job. In addition the responsiveness of the brush tools should be quick and show marks on the page instantly to allow the artist to enter the "zone".
- High Precision 64 Bit Brush Engine: Most graphic programs offer at most 32 bits of color resolution. TwistedBrush represents all image data internally at a full 64 bits of color resolution. This allows for super smooth color mixing and alpha blending.
- Brushes: TwistedBrush has hundreds of different brushes available. These range from very simple color dots to realistic representations of natural artist tools to very wild brushes
- Paper Textures: A wide variety of paper and canvas textures can be selected so that brush strokes respond with the texture as they are placed on the paper or canvas
- Filters: Over 50 filters can be used to quickly alter and adjust your image.
- Tracing Paper
- Undo/Redo: Yes there are multiple levels of undo and redo. Up to 50 levels in fact, memory permitting.
- File Formats: Most standard image formats are supported. This Include, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, PSD, BMP, PCD, WMF and EMF.
- Sketchbook Paradigm
- Drawing Tablet Support
- Brush Effects System
- Random Brush Generation
- Photo Editing
- Free Upgrades Forever.
* Windows 95/98/me/2000/NT/XP/Vista
* 500mb disk space
* 512mb RAM (1gb or more recommended)
* Added - Option to create a reference image from a Clip was added. Located in the pop-up menu on the clip panel.
* Added - The Paste tool now supports Transform Size and Transform Rotate modes. Allow isolated transformations of size or rotation.
* Added - The Paste tool now has a Centered option to place the pasted image into the center of the page.
* Added - New filter added. Adjust RGBA in the Color category.
* Added - Two new Edge filters added. Edge4 and Edge5. Very fine edge filters in the Stylize filter category.
* Improvement - The Paste tool now supports rotation precision to 100th of a degree!
* Improvement - The Glow filter now includes a Burn option for a more intense effect.
* Changed - The Paste tool Transform Mode is now call Transform Size and Rotate.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.