Shows real time information about all running processes
TaskInfo is a poweful utility that combines and improves features of Task Manager and System Information tools. It visually monitors (in text and graphical forms) different types of system information in any Windows system (95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, WinXP 64 bit, Server 2003 64 bit) in real time.
TaskInfo shows information about all running processes and threads including ring0 VxD threads. Information about each process includes:
- Most of the Processes that want to be invisible like worms, keyloggers and other spy software
- All threads (with details including Thread Start Address and Call Stack with Symbolic Information if possible)
- CPU usage (multiple CPU supported)
- Memory usage
- Scheduling rate
- Opened files and handles
- Loaded modules (DLLs etc.)
- Command line
- Environment variables
- Version information
- and more!
TaskInfo also shows detailed system information:
- Total CPU usage (multiple CPU supported)
- Total memory usage (physical, virtual etc.)
- Total number of processes and threads
- Thread switches and interrupts rate
- Read/write data rates on disks
- Modem connection speed (if present)
- All opened files
- All opened drivers
- All opened UDP, TCP/IP connections
- All opened RAS, VPN and Dial*Up connections
- Network client/server data rates
- OS and CPU details (see below)
- and more!
- Add "Free RAM" Commands to Command Line. See "Help/Command Line Commands" for "fram" and "sfram".
- Make TaskInfo not requir full Privileges and add button to restart with full privileges under Vista and Windows7.
- Add Local Menu on all Information Lists in Dialogs: "Search Open Files", "Search Strings in Process", "Persistent Priority Settings" and some other.
- Add to Local Menu on "All Open Connections", "All Open Files" and so on separate Menu Command to Show Properties/Search on WEB info about Files and Processes.
- Add ToolDialog that shows all Handles opened by Process. See Processes Local Menu.
- Show on Icon Graph in Systray Kernel CPU Usage Also (Red).
- Add Column "integrity level" info of process under Vista/Win7.
- Add to Process Status Column Info about Data Execution Protection Enabled Status ("DEP/DEP*ATL"). Have Sense for 32 bit processes only on 64 bit Vista or Win7. For 64 bit processes DEP always enabled.
- Add to Process Status Column Info about Virtualization Enabled Status ("Vrt"). Have Sense for 32 bit processes only on 64 bit Vista or Win7.
- Add to Process Status Column Info about Suspentded Status ("Susp").
- Add Service Coloring according to Digital Signature State, Kernel, Win32 and so on.
- Add Icons to Name column on Services TAB. No Any Icon for a long time means "Can not Find File".
- Add option to make TaskInfo open maximized at first show.
- Correct Panes sizes restore when TaskInfo window was maximized. And Minimize at Start Up set.
- Add Color Box around Icon on Processes TAB to show Process Coloring while Process row is Selected.
- Make killed process RED no metter if it is selected.
- Add Options to Remember Selected Tabs in System and Selected Process Panes. Default is to Remember.
- Add support for sorting by more than one column. Use latest sort column as primary, previous as secondary. Enabled for all Panes exept Processes Pane.
- Add Searches for a listview item that contains the specified characters pattern. Pattern is multiple characters received within a timeout interval, currently fixed at one second First or Selected Column used for Search. Select Row with Sell where characters pattern found at leftmost position.
- Show only CPU and RAM in tray when swap file disabled.
- Correct Buffer Overflow in "Search Open Files" Tool.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: