iSpeakIt for Mac 3.6
Convert any text into an MP3/AAC track in iTunes using your Mac's built-in text-to-speech capabilities.
Automatically download podcasts and copy them into iTunes. From there it's a quick sync to your iPod and away you go!
iSpeakIt allows you to listen to your documents on your iPod.
- Load and edit any document. iSpeak It provides built-in support for PDF, Word, AppleWorks, RTF, HTML or text.
- Download and edit any web page or RSS news feed.
- Save documents as an AIFF file.
- Transfer a document to iTunes and convert it to an MP3, AAC, etc track in your library (MP3 versus AAC conversion is based on your import preference settings in iTunes; AAC conversion requires iTunes 4.0 or later). Unregistered versions of iSpeak It only transfer the first 1000 characters of a document.
- Split long documents into multiple tracks, just like audiobooks.
- Make AAC encoded documents bookmarkable so they remember where you left off, just like audiobooks.
- Automatically transfer a document to iTunes after it has been loaded.
- Automatically load web pages, news and/or weather on launch.
- Complete control over the song name, artist, album and genre settings.
- A Services menu item for loading selected text from any application.
- Download news headlines and weather forecasts.
- Define and apply replacement rules to correct for Apple's text-to-speech weaknesses.
- Test the speech of any portion of a document to make sure it sounds correct (and subsequently define and test replacement rules for problem phrases).
- Converts a document to speech according to your Speech Preferences (as set via the System Preferences).
- Uses the file name, URL or download topic as the default song name to use within iTunes.
- Create and edit text documents.
- Mavericks compatibility.
- Updates Driving Directions to work with Google’s new mapping features.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.