iGetter is a full featured download manager and accelerator. It's a nice replacement for your browser's download manager.
iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented (accelerated) downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang*up and shut down on completion, and much more.
- iGetter resumes broken downloads, checking date and size.
- iGetter supports Segmented (Accelerated) downloading. This basic feature of iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads.
- iGetter supports HTTP and FTP protocols as well as HTTPS and FTP over SSL implicitly and explicitly.
- iGetter integrates with the FileAvenue.net web service. This feature allows the latest and most popular files of the FileAvenue.net downloads library to appear directly in iGetter.
- iGetter supports searching of file mirrors for additional acceleration of downloads.
- iGetter includes a Site Explorer that allows exploration of entire web or FTP sites, so you can easily find and download files you're interested in. When the Site Explorer is used iGetter displays the web contents rendered in a separate view below the site tree. This makes the process of exploration very convenient as you see the web page directly in iGetter as you would with a web browser. When you reach the file or files you're interested in downloading, you can easily add them to the iGetter queue. To use the web content view feature you must install Safari 1.0 or later.
- iGetter includes a Site Manager that allows limitation of the overall number of connections for particular servers.
- iGetter analyzes every server response to prevent from damage to your file downloads.
- iGetter integrates with Safari, Camino, Internet Explorer, and iCab via a contextual menu for hyperlinks.
- iGetter integrates with Safari, Camino, Internet Explorer, OmniWeb, Netscape, Mozilla and Opera, by monitoring clicks of hyperlinks.
- iGetter supports the drag and drop technology and with its Target Icon you can easily download any dragable link or file with Internet location.
- iGetter supports monitoring of your clipboard for Internet addresses.
- iGetter can process all web page links for downloading in the queue.
- iGetter allows you to preview the contents of 'zip' compressed files before to download them.
- iGetter lets you organize your file downloads, and automatically downloads them.
- iGetter includes three types of queue filters that automatically show downloads in accordance with various criteria.
- iGetter includes a history list for all finished downloads.
- iGetter includes search function with an option to search the queue, history list or FileAvenue downloads library.
- With iGetter you can easily control every download job. You can start, pause or let iGetter automatically download your files.
- With the iGetter Dock Icon control menu, you can easily control iGetter while it is hidden.
- iGetter includes Metallic interface with an option to switch between Aqua and Metallic interfaces.
- Its user-friendly interface offers you convenience and easeofuse as you begin to download with iGetter.
- iGetter autodetects your connection to the Internet. It can automatically reconnect a PPP connection until all pending downloads are done.
- iGetter can schedule your downloads for low traffic periods (i.e. 4 in the morning).
- iGetter can Hang Up the PPP connection and Shut down the computer when all files in the queue are finished.
- iGetter lets you use a virus scanner program that you have on your computer to auto*scan downloaded files.
- iGetter has a Speed Limit function which allows you to download files and still use your web browser without loss of performance.
- iGetter supports HTTP, Tunnel and FTP Proxies, and Socks Firewalls (4, 4a, 5).
- iGetter has a fully preemptive multitasking engine using native Mac OS X pthreads from the UNIX layer, which increases the performance of the application especially on multiprocessor systems.
- iGetter supports standard URL suite for AppleScript and is fully scriptable.
- iGetter is developed using C/C++ with Metrowerks development tools, which has resulted in an efficient, and responsive program.
- Added HiDPI font support for Retina displays.
- Implemented full-screen support for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Implemented mouse wheel support for the "Charts" and "Segment Log" custom views.
- Added support for Opera Next in iGetter Plugin.
- Improved the resize algorithm of the bottom panel ("Transfer Details"), which previously allowed coordinates beyond the limits of the available screen space.
- Added support for the "application/binary" MIME type.
- Fixed the "Download with iGetter" command in Firefox v17+, not functioning due to an incompatibility introduced in that version of the browser.
- Some fixes and additions to the French localization.
- Fixed the missing window edge resize cursors on OS X Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Fixed a bug in the "Zoom In"/ "Zoom Out" proportion calculation mechanism.
- Fixed a bug which caused, in some rare cases, incorrect resizing of the "Groups" list browser after zoom out.
- Fixed the incorrect sorting of the "Total Size" column in "Downloads".
- Fixed a bug with the metallic interface, which could cause a crash when the toolbar is hidden.
- Added support for both 32 and 64 bit versions of Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1.
- Added support for Opera 14 and later.
- iGetter window minimizes to Tray if Taskbar icon is unpinned on Windows 7 and 8.
- Fixed a bug that caused un-maximized restore of iGetter window after minimize.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: