Your Coda experience starts with “Sites”. Think of them as uber-favorites on cute little pieces of paper. When you’re ready to start work, just double click a site — Coda will instantly restore itself exactly as you left it, connecting to your server, restoring any splits and tabs, and allowing you to code, pronto.
Work on websites locally, then publish them remotely to your server? Coda’s sites will automatically track your local changes, and do it all for you. Just hit the big, shiny “Publish All” button. Ka-plam! Up they go.
Coda is the first application to use our new, next-generation Transmit Turbo engine. With monumentally improved speed, particularly when working with large numbers of files, your transfers will be done in the blink of an eye... well, unless you’re on a modem.
We’ve put together one of the most graceful and feature-packed text editors on the Mac, specifically for maximum hand-coding hotness. It’s got what you expect: syntax coloring, line numbering, auto completing, block editing, international support, etc. But the stuff we’ve built on top will really flip your editing lid.
Using a separate program to design your stylesheets? That’s crazy stuff! We’ve built a fully-featured CSS editor directly into Coda, giving you all the tools you need to create the world’s most beautiful layout. It’s like getting a second, full-featured application thrown in for free!
If you need to SSH into a server and run some MySQL queries, or restart Apache, or debug some PHP in real time, there’s only one way you’re gonna do it: terminal. Coda’s got a terminal just a mouse-click away.
Better User Interface
- Visual Tabs. Find files quickly, and see more tabs at once.
- Customizable Sidebar. Put your favorite, powerful Coda tools in the sidebar dock.
- Streamlined Workflow. You'll always know what you're looking at.
- Code Focus. Hide the sidebar, or go full-screen, and get work done.
Better Text Editing
- Code Folding. Finally.
- Smart Complete. Autocomplete your custom variables + functions.
- Automatic Indentation
- Smarter Automatic Closing Tags
- Tab Key Text-Shifting
- One-Press Character Wrapping
Better File Management
- Git. In addition to SVN, now you can manage source with GIT.
- Complete File Management. FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3, with a Transmit interface.
- Transmit Twin-Turbo Engine. Some of the fastest file transfer in the industry.
- Path Bar Browsing. Click a path bar segment for an instant file list.
- Open Quickly. Pop it open, type a few characters, and find what you're looking for.
- Group Folders Above Files. A very popular request.
Apps similar to Coda for Mac 3
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
BBEdit is a high-performance HTML and text editor for the Macintosh.