BEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for macOS. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides an abundance of high-performance features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit's best-of-class features, including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files (even unopened files on remote servers), project definition tools, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, macOS Unix scripting support, text and code completion, and of course a complete set of robust HTML tools.
- Complete set of HTML Tools - for fast, easy, and correct markup.
- Innovative "Text Factory" feature for automating the application of multiple text transformations across multiple files or folders, without scripting or programming
- Syntax coloring and function navigation for nearly two dozen languages, plus an extensible architecture for adding your own
- Flexible 'grep' style pattern-based search and replace based on PCRE
- Advanced file filtering for multi-file search and replace including filtering based on file contents
- Documents Drawer and Navigation Bar to open multiple documents into a single window, and then switch between them quickly and easily
- Powerful Glossary - store and insert frequently-used text items
- Advanced Unix scripting on Mac OS X with built-in Perl, Python, and shell scripting support
- Enhanced Unicode support - work easily with documents written in multiple languages and text encodings
- Authenticated saves
- Built-in text transformations for text formatting and cleanup
- Integrated access to Perforce, Subversion, and CVS
- Transparently handles DOS/Windows, Unix, and Unicode (UTF-8 and UTF-16) text files
- "bbedit" command-line tool
- Unique "Shell Worksheets" provide Mac OS X Unix power with Macintosh style
- Advanced AppleScript, Perl, and Mac OS X Unix scripting support
- Built-in FTP and SFTP support to manage files on remote servers
- File Groups to work with related files in a project
- Integrated spelling checker
- Integration with Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Automator support