From web to desktop to full dome planetarium, WorldWide Telescope (WWT) enables you to explore the universe, bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world and combining it with 3D navigation. Experience narrated guided tours from astronomers and educators featuring interesting places in the sky. You can research and import your own data and visualize it, then create a tour to share with others.
- Ability to navigate seamlessly through 3D spherical environments such as the Sky (Space?), Planets
- Access to hundreds of terabytes of sky, earth and planet data
- Ability to view, create and edit guided tours
- 3D Solar System view with moon orbits, asteroids and more!
- Access to billions of objects in web-based astronomical catalog
- Touch controls enable touch-screen navigation
- Move forwards and backwards in time 2000 years
- WorldWide Telescope 5.0 is the latest version and is already in production use in World-Class planetariums. This feature-rich application is now available to everyone for download.
What’s new for WWT 5.0?
- Improved animation and transition control with keyframe editing functionality
- New MIDI controller support allows customized control panels using inexpensive but powerful Midi performance controllers
- Mange projector nodes, check status, render performance all from the WWT console
- Screen Broadcast allows any application on the console to be shown as a window in Full Dome
- Support for WMS time Series images
- New atmospheric and lighting shaders give much better realism for Earth and planets
- Tilt and rotate lets you explore planet surfaces in Solar System mode
- Full dome tour authoring, and instant full dome playback of desktop tours with overlays & images
- Highly detailed models of ISS and Gemini Observatory for use in tours
- Support for Earth based visualization as well as sky based visualization