Instantly access your favorite games
Over 1,100 games are available to purchase, download, and play from any computer. Check out the new releases, indie hits, casual favorites and everything in between.
Join the Steam Community
Find someone to play with, meet up with friends, connect with groups of similar interests, and host and join chats, matches, and tournaments.
Chat with your friends while gaming
See when your friends are online or playing games and easily join the same games together. Chat with your buddies, or use your microphone to communicate in any game.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Enjoy Steam-only special offers
From pre-release discounts to free-play weekends, Steam delivers what gamers value most.
Play your favorite games on your Mac
Steam brings PC’s biggest gaming platform to the Mac! Download your games to your mac, play against your PC friends in multiplayer games.
A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.
- Fixed launching Source SDK 2013-based mods from the Steam server browser
- Fixed showing “[unknown]” user names for players in current game lobby
- Fixed downloading Steam cloud files via HTTP
- Fixed a regression which made some OpenGL games (Rage) crash in some cases activating the in-game overlay
- Fixed setting display resolution in Big Picture mode before login properly restarts Big Picture mode
- Added Big Picture language settings panel
- Fixed subsequent login problem caused by canceling creating an account
- Fixed a bug that caused Steam to hang on startup for some users.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Big Picture on Linux from becoming active again sometimes after a game exits.
- Fix a bug that prevented the tray menu from not responding when transitioning out of Big Picture mode
- Fix regression that caused Steam to exit instead of restart after actions that require Steam to restart