Instantly access your favorite games
Over 1,100 games are available to purchase, download, and play from any computer. Check out the new releases, indie hits, casual favorites and everything in between.
Join the Steam Community
Find someone to play with, meet up with friends, connect with groups of similar interests, and host and join chats, matches, and tournaments.
Chat with your friends while gaming
See when your friends are online or playing games and easily join the same games together. Chat with your buddies, or use your microphone to communicate in any game.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Enjoy Steam-only special offers
From pre-release discounts to free-play weekends, Steam delivers what gamers value most.
Play your favorite games on your Mac
Steam brings PC’s biggest gaming platform to the Mac! Download your games to your mac, play against your PC friends in multiplayer games.
A new Steam client has been released and is being automatically downloaded. Changes since the last major release include the following:
Mac OS X / macOS
- The Steam application has been reworked for better compatibility with macOS Sierra. This may result in an older copy of the Steam application being placed in your Trash. It is safe to delete the older copy by emptying the trash.
- Fixed handling of clickable URLs in chat text for the desktop Steam client
- Fixed a crash when games passed certain parameters to the Steamworks API
- Added button to clear local cache under download settings. This may fix downloads by removing stale or corrupt cached data.
- Added UI text to indicate if a selected title is excluded from Family Sharing
- Worked around a problem where a recent Windows 10 update could cause Xbox One controllers to send duplicate input
- Fixed cases where playing a free game could trigger Family Sharing error messages
- Added support for spectating VR games from the Steam Link, mirroring the VR player's viewpoint
- Added "Set Cursor Position" binding controller action. This allows an arbitrary X/Y position to be moved to on a button press and optionally warp back to the original position on release. When combined with a click via either multi-binding or an additional activator, allows for on-screen UI to be bound to buttons even if they have no hotkey. Multiple Set Cursor Position inputs can be multi-bound to a single button allowing cursor position binding cycling.
- Scroll wheel Mode on Joystick now ignores the joystick returning to the center position when doing horizontal/vertical scrolling. This allows for bindings to be cycled through scroll wheel on left/right or up/down taps.
- Added Gyro Button Behavior setting. Allows for the Gyro Enable Button to be flipped to be a Gyro Disable Button, so gyro is disabled while the specified button is held, but otherwise on all the time.
- Fixed broken configurations where modes could be attached to sources that don’t support them which caused errors in both the UI and in behavior.
- Fixed issues with Double Press activator not working in certain games.
- Fixed Interruptible activators not interrupting in a few specific scenarios.
- Fixed haptic location not always being updated properly with activators.
- Changed new full press activators to use the mode's current haptic setting as a default setting on the new activator.
- Fixed activator-based haptics on specfic switch buttons to be correct based on physical position on the controller.
- Fixed a bug when turning off legacy mode while editing Triggers.
- Fixed incorrect modes being created when a developer is creating a new native configuration.
- Fixed configurator option not showing up if game was VR capable and had VR controller support but also had non-VR and normal controller support.
- Fixed adding action sets to fully legacy configs in games that have native configs. Now legacy action set configs and native configs won't stomp each other.
- Fixed mode-shifted mouse regions flipping their initial Y position if "teleport on start" was set that was introduced with recent set cursor position additions.
- Cleaned up the Choose Binding panel to improve legibility.
- Added icons for Controller Actions such as Change Action Set, Take Screenshot, Move Cursor, and Show On Screen Keyboard.
- Fixed the backslash character '\' not showing up on keyboard layouts.
- Added RB/LB buttons to change current action set when editing a configuration.
- Fixed gamepad binding highlights being offset in certain overlay resolutions
- Fixed issues that prevented Streaming gyro from functioning properly.