- Load and Save ODF documents in flat XML to make external XSLT processing easier
- Make license information accessible via the Help menu
- Made on-line Help available on-line, via the WikiHelp
- Added "Experimental" mode, to allow users to test out as-yet-unfinished features
- Bundled Linux "Libertine G" and Linux "Biolinum G" fonts
- Added the LibreColors to the palette
- Implement import of alpha channel for RGBA .tiffs
- Show all appropiate formats by default on "Save As"
- Use radio buttons widgets to clarify complex menu option intentions
- Add option to enable saving of documents with non-visible changes
- Added Quickstarter for Unix builds (enabled only in distro builds)
- Fix synthetic small caps resizing factor to improve look and interoperability
A new version for new endeavours: LibreOffice 5.0 is the cornerstone of the mobile clients on Android and Ubuntu Touch, as well as the upcoming cloud version. As such, LibreOffice 5.0 serves as the foundation of current developments and is a great platform to extend, innovate and collaborate!
A beautiful office suite designed by a fantastic community: With new icons and major improvements to menus and sidebar, LibreOffice looks nicer and helps users in being creative and getting things done the right way. In addition, style management is now more intuitive thanks to the visual preview of styles right in the interface.
Spreadsheets that rock: LibreOffice 5.0 ships with an impressive number of new and enhanced spreadsheet features: complex formulae, new functions, conditional formatting, image cropping, table addressing and much more. Calc’s blend of performance and features makes it an enterprise-ready, heavy duty spreadsheet capable of handling all kinds of workload for an impressive range of use cases.
Better filters for better documents: LibreOffice 5 ships with many improvements to document import and export filters, for an enhanced document conversion fidelity all around. In addition, it is now possible to timestamp PDF files generated with LibreOffice.
A complete list of the most significant new features is available on the accompanying press release, and has also been published on the website at the following link:http://www.libreoffice.org/discover/new-features/.
LibreOffice 5.0 has also been improved “under the hood,” thanks to the precious work of hundreds of volunteers. According to Coverity Scan, the number of defects for 1,000 lines of code is now consistently below 0,001. This translates into an open source office suite which is not only easier to develop but it’s also easier to maintain and debug. In fact, the amount of solved bugs is now over 25,000, and is increasing rapidly.
Last, but not least, LibreOffice 5.0 has been improved in terms of quality and stability thanks to a large number of tests performed on new builds by going through thousands of documents to spot crashers, bugs and regressions.
Apps similar to LibreOffice Productivity Suite 7
Kingsoft Office Suite Free is a completely free office productivity suite, which includes three programs that reflect the different purposes and tasks required in any working/personal environment.
Office Starter is not trial software — you can continue to use it as long as you need. It just has limited funcionality.
View, Edit, and Create Documents Anytime, Anywhere. Install on Computer, Smartphone, and Tablet for Free.