Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Automation and Scripting Language.
AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying “runtimes” required!
AutoIt was initially designed for PC “roll out” situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.
* Easy to learn BASIC-like syntax
* Simulate keystrokes and mouse movements
* Manipulate windows and processes
* Interact with all standard windows controls
* Scripts can be compiled into standalone executables
* Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
* COM support
* Regular expressions
* Directly call external DLL and Windows API functions
* Scriptable RunAs functions
* Detailed helpfile and large community-based support forums
* Compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / Windows 7 / 2008 R2
* Unicode and x64 support
* Digitally signed for peace of mind
* Works with Windows Vista’s User Account Control (UAC)
AutoIt has been designed to be as small as possible and stand-alone with no external .dll files or registry entries required making it safe to use on Servers. Scripts can be compiled into stand-alone executables with Aut2Exe.
Also supplied is a combined COM and DLL version of AutoIt called AutoItX that allows you to add the unique features of AutoIt to your own favourite scripting or programming languages!
Best of all, AutoIt continues to be FREE – but if you want to support the time, money and effort spent on the project and web hosting then you may donate using the link to your left in the menu.
* Fixed #1515: FileOpen() still opening in exclusive mode in some situations.
* Added #1376: FileOpen() mode parameter is now optional. Default mode is read.
* Added #1054: Added FileGetEncoding().
* Added: ControlCommand() "SendCommandID" - used to send WM_COMMAND Control ID messages. Allows the automation of ToolBarWindow32 controls (amongst others). For example, the "Back" button of Internet Explorer. Use Au3Info to get the Command ID from the ToolBar tab.
* Fixed #1428: AdlibRegister/Unregister() were incorrectly using case-sensitive function names.
* Fixed #1448: #OnAutoItStartRegister did not work in compiled scripts.
* Fixed #961: RegDelete() was not working properly on 64bit keys when using the 32bit version of AutoIt and HKLM64.
* Fixed: Regression in FileOpen() where it wasn't allowed to open files in read mode if they were already open in write mode.
* Fixed #1449: GUICtrlDelete() not working for GUICtrlCreateDummy() types.
* Fixed #1458: Inet sizes were capped to 32-bits.
* Fixed #1459: Hard crash when too much recursion is used.
* Fixed #1464: Regular expressions with a single character * pattern were stopping after the first null match.
* Fixed #1463: StringToASCIIArray() working incorrectly with UTF8 characters.
* Fixed #1475: TrayItemSetState($Value, $Tray_Checked) incorrectly enables a disabled TrayItem.
* Changed: Send() and ControlSend() code reworked to allow for more Unicode characters to be used.
* Changed: FileWriteLine() performance improved.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.