Adobe Edge 188.8.131.5240 Preview
This is an early look at Edge with more capabilities to come, focuses primarily on adding rich motion design to new or existing HTML projects, that runs beautifully on devices and desktops. Create new compositions from scratch using basic HTML building blocks, text, and imported web graphics. Manipulate objects with an array of transformation and styling options which Edge natively applies to our jQuery-based animation framework. Adobe Edge is a prototype of a tool for creating animation and transitions using the capabilities of HTML5. Edge will be updated regularly to add new functionality, stay ahead of evolving web standards, and incorporate user feedback to provide the best functionality and experience possible. Get Adobe Edge and take it for a test drive to fully assess its capabilities.
The user interface is based on a stage, timeline, and panels for elements and properties. It’s influenced by our customers’ favorite features and functionality in class-leading tools like After Effects and Flash Professional, but innovates in its ease of use. Animations and timing can be controlled on a WebKit-based stage, or via precise property adjustments directly on the timeline. You can also make quick edits on individual or multiple objects.
Animated content created with Edge is designed and tested to work reliably on the iOS and Android platforms, WebKit-enabled devices, and popular desktop browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 9.
- Create new compositions with Edge’s drawing and text tools.
- Import popular web graphics such as SVG, PNG, JPG or GIF files.
- Easily choreograph animation with the timeline editor. Animate position, size, color, shape, rotation and more at the property level.
- Energize existing HTML files with motion, while preserving the integrity of CSS-based HTML layouts.
- Copy and paste transitions, invert them, ad choose from over 25 built-in easing effects for added creativity.
Note: This pre-release version expires after 152 days.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: